You can always count on Samuel L. Jackson to keep kids under control during trying times. You may remember his reading of the Adam Mansbach’s bedtime story, Go The F**k To Sleep, which came out back in 2011. It implored little ones to shut up, stop stalling, and get their butts in bed. Well, now he’s back with an inspired reading of their new installment called Stay The F**k At Home and it’s just as good as the original.
- It’s not just good advice, it’s mandatory. While not all states are under mandatory shelter-in-place laws, it’s pretty much inevitable they will be soon. Staying at home isn’t just a suggestion at this point, it’s a necessity if we want to halt the spread of illness and get this pandemic under control.
- Samuel L. Jackson isn’t having your nonsense. Mansbach’s new bedtime story, Stay The F**k At Home, tells kids and adults to do exactly that. Don’t think you’re immune or that the advice doesn’t apply to you. Stay in your damn house and behave yourself.
- The actor read the book during an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live! What a gift to hear Samuel L. Jackson read out the magical opening lines of this unconventional bedtime story. “The ‘rona is spreading, this s**t is no joke – it’s no time to work or roam. The way you can fight it is simple, my friends: stay the f**k at home.”
- The whole story is worth a listen. I won’t spoil all the words for you because it’s worth watching yourself, but needless to say Samuel L. Jackson could elevate the phonebook. However, with naturally hilarious material like this, he takes it to the next level. Give it a watch!
- Jackson encouraged everyone to donate to Feeding America during the reading. He didn’t just visit the show to make everyone laugh with the reading (though it had that effect, thankfully) but also to raise money for a really important cause.