A woman in Palm Beach County, Florida thought she was doing a good deed when she called police on her neighbor after hearing what she believed to be a woman inside the house screaming, “Let me out!” When police arrived at the house, however, they discovered that the culprit of the desperate pleas wasn’t a woman being held captive but a rather noisy parrot.
- The man who lived in the house was shocked to see police. He was in his driveway working on his car when officers arrived to question him. The shrieking heard by the neighbor could still be heard when they arrived, but it soon became clear just how much of a misunderstanding it all was.
- It was all Rambo the parrot’s fault. “I was changing the brakes on my wife’s car and had my 40-year-old parrot, Rambo, on his outside perch where he sings and talks,” the man said according to the Palm Beach Post. “Sometime later four police officers showed up saying a neighbor called because she heard a woman screaming for help.”
- The whole situation was hilarious and even the police couldn’t help but laugh. “I promptly introduced the officers to Rambo and we all had a good laugh,” the man recalled. “Afterward, I also introduced Rambo to the neighbor who called in the screaming. She too had a good laugh.”
- How did Rambo learn to talk like that? According to his owner, given Rambo’s advanced age, the man had him since he was a kid, which is when he taught him to talk. “Sometimes Rambo yells ‘help, help, let me out’. Something I taught him when I was a kid and Rambo lived in a cage,” he explained. If only he would do it at a more appropriate time!
- All’s well that ends well. Hopefully Rambo will learn to control himself in the future!