Admittedly, most guys aren’t that good at expressing our feelings. Even when it’s a positive feeling, we don’t always like to show our cards. Of course, a person’s actions never lie. In almost every situation, you can tell a guy’s true feelings through his actions. For instance, if you’re not sure how deeply the one you’re seeing feels for you, the things he does will tell you a lot. Here are 15 signs he cares about you more than you think.
- He’s honest. Good, bad, or otherwise, if he really cares about you, he’ll always tell you the truth even if he knows it will hurt or you might not agree with it. If you think about it, lying is a form of betrayal. Most guys won’t do that to someone they genuinely care about. Of course, the trick is knowing enough to spot when a guy is lying in the first place
- He does things he doesn’t like just because you do. Have you ever gotten a guy to do something you know he doesn’t like just to please you? Well, spoiler alert, that guy really cares about you. Unless you made a formal tradeoff, this means he wants to make you happy. Granted, if it’s early in the relationship, he may just be doing it to sleep with you. But if that’s not the case, if he puts your own enjoyment over his own, he’s developing real feelings.
- He actually listens. If he’s showing the signs of someone who is actually listening to you, it’s a safe bet he cares about you more than he’ll ever say. It usually takes a little bit of motivation for a guy to be an active listener. Most of us won’t do it unless we actually care about you. Otherwise, we’d let it go in one ear and out the other.
- He makes time for you. We all have busy lives, right? It’s not always easy to make time for someone, but if he fits you into a hectic schedule even though he barely has a minute to breathe, that’s indicative of real care and consideration. He just might be a keeper.
- He gets jealous. As we all know, jealousy can be an ugly emotion. However, it often comes from a good place. If you can sense he’s getting up in arms about silly stuff like a guy looking at you at the supermarket, it usually means he cares about you. He cares enough that he doesn’t want to lose you. Granted, you may not like that he gets jealous, but deep down, he means well.
- He asks about your future. Okay, so this doesn’t apply to typical first-date questions about what you’re doing with your life, but a partner or close friend who’s curious about your future probably cares more than you realize. It means he’s looking months or even years down the line and can envision you still being there.
- He wants to know about your love life. This one applies more to guys who are in the friend zone but might want to get out. If he likes you as more than a friend, he’ll be keen on learning about your love life. He won’t try to be too obvious about it. However, he will fish for information about guys you’re seeing and if they might have a chance or not. He obviously cares about you but isn’t sure if you feel the same.
- He doesn’t stay mad at you. He’s in a rush to make up after a fight rather than being more obsessed with being right. A guy who cares about you doesn’t want disagreements to linger or to let small issues become big ones. He wants to get things back on track ASAP.
- He’s unselfish in bed. In the end, the sex doesn’t lie. Admittedly, a lot of guys tend to be a tad selfish in bed, but if he’s considerate and more concerned with giving than receiving, it’s usually because a guy cares about you more than you realize.