Just because the sex is great doesn’t mean you don’t want something more with the guy you’re seeing. You’re looking for a real relationship down the line, someone you can build a life with. However, if he’s not on the same page, you’re wasting your time. So how do you know if it’s all about getting laid rather than truly building a deep connection? Here are the signs he’s using you for sex and there’s nothing more there.
- All your plans are on his terms. When you’re dating someone and working towards a relationship, both of you should put in equal effort to see each other regardless of how busy you are. However, if you only ever see this guy when he can be bothered (and when there’s a bit of action on the cards), then this is one of the biggest signs he’s using you for sex. Your schedule should not revolve around him.
- You only ever see each other at night. Again, what’s up with this? Yes, people work during the day so it’s generally easier to have dates at night, but if he pretty much refuses to see you during daylight hours, there’s a problem here. Why can’t he get together to go to a football game on a Saturday afternoon? Why is he so against meeting up with you for brunch on Sunday morning? If he’s keeping your time together to the darkness, he’s not interested in anything real.
- He never wants to know anything about your life. This is another of the major signs that he’s using you for sex. Otherwise, why wouldn’t a guy who really likes you and wants to be your boyfriend not care about, well, anything in your life? Why wouldn’t he want to know about your job, your friends, your interests? Probably because he has no intention of ever being with you outside of the bedroom.
- You know for a fact he’s still talking to other women. If he wants to be in a relationship with you eventually, he won’t be talking to other women. He won’t be active on dating apps, he won’t be constantly leaving flirty comments on other women’s photos on Instagram, and he won’t be dating multiple people. If he’s sleeping with you but still looking elsewhere, it’s bad news for your future as a couple.
- He only compliments you on your appearance. It’s great that this guy finds you so attractive and wants to sleep with you, but is that all it is? When all you ever hear from him is how hot you are, what great boobs/butt you have, etc., it can make you feel cheap and totally unappreciated. If that’s the only thing he can compliment about you because that’s all he knows about you, he’s likely using you for sex.
- He goes AWOL for days or weeks on end. He’s around while you guys are getting it on, but if you’re super stressed with work or not feeling well, he disappears for a while to do… whatever it is he’s doing. He’ll be back when you’re ready to head back into bed with you him. However, don’t exactly expect him to be forthcoming about what he got up to while he was away from you.