When you want to get married, it can be nail-bitingly nerve-racking waiting for a proposal. Luckily, there are a few clues to look out for that can suggest your partner does want to marry you, even if they haven’t asked yet. Keep reading for some tell-tale signs that he wants to marry you and spend his life with you.
- He talks about the future. It’s a promising sign if a guy talks about the future in front of you. Whether he is talking about his own future or asking about yours, it shows that he has the future in mind and is letting you in on it. It’s obviously an even better sign if he’s talking about his future with you in it, asking you about your plans and revolving his around yours. Either way, if he often brings up the future around you, it shows that he pictures you sticking around for the long-term.
- He introduces you to his people. When a guy plans on spending his life with you, he’ll naturally introduce you to the important people. He’ll bring you around to meet his friends and his family. By contrast, if he keeps you away from his family and friends, it’s a sign that he doesn’t plan on keeping you around.
- He makes time for your people. In the same way that he’ll introduce you to his family and friends if he’s serious about you, he’ll also want to meet your people. And he’ll make an effort with them. He’ll want to leave a good impression and gain their approval, otherwise life could get very awkward! Normally, even if he doesn’t love your friends and family, he’ll make an effort to get along with them.
- He takes interest in all areas of your life. When a guy is serious about you, he’ll take an interest in your life. That’s because in the future, he’s planning on joining your life with his. You’ll also notice that he actually listens when you talk about your life. If it’s important to you, then it’s important to him.
- His actions speak louder than his words. This is one of the biggest signs he wants to marry you (as well as a sign that he’s a stand-up guy in general). As a rule of thumb, you should pay attention to a person’s actions rather than his words. Take it with a grain of salt if he tells you that he can see himself ending up with you. Or if he says that he wants to marry you one day without proposing, don’t get too excited. Instead, make sure that his actions match his words. Anyone can say that they’d like to marry you. But only a genuine person will act like they want to marry you. In other words, they’ll act like they care about you and you matter to them.
- He calls you out. If a guy calls you out when you’re in the wrong, it’s actually a good sign. Healthy conflict is the sign of a happy couple who are comfortable with each other. If he lets you get away with everything, it could be because he doesn’t care enough to address the issue. Contrastingly, if he’s planning on keeping you around for the long-term, he’ll want to iron out issues as they come up, so they don’t make things harder later.
- He makes seeing you a priority. When you’re important to someone, seeing you will be one of their highest priorities. Even if he’s busy, he’ll fit you into his schedule. It might mean he’ll have to work at odd hours or put off seeing other people. But if you’re the one he wants to spend his life with, you will be on the top of his priority list, no matter how inconvenient it is.
- He wants to see you, even without a specific date planned. If a guy wants to marry you, he’ll likely want to hang out with you as much as he can. That means he’ll want to see you even if you don’t have a specific date planned. Your time together is about the company you give each other, not the date itself.
- He uses “we.” Another of the biggest signs he wants to marry you is when he truly sees you as a team. The word “we” can reveal a lot about where a guy is placed. When he uses “we” to describe the two of you, it shows that he sees you as a unified team in his mind. This also suggests that he plans on incorporating your lives together, since he sees you as a joined force rather than two separate individuals going in different directions.