You pretty much picked this guy out as your future husband the minute you got together. You knew he was “The One” and started fantasizing right away about the day he’d be your husband. However, he’s been a bit slower to come around to the idea and you’re starting to feel like your grand dreams of walking down the aisle are never going to happen. Here are some signs he’ll never marry you.
- He’s said before that he “doesn’t believe in marriage.” When he said it, you probably thought he was just kidding or even that he just needed to mature a bit would end up changing his mind. However, ignoring one of the biggest signs that he’ll never marry you — especially since he’s basically telling you that in so many words — is only setting yourself up for disappointment. A guy who “doesn’t believe in marriage” generally isn’t going to just suddenly change his mind about it.
- Anytime you mention marriage, he changes the subject. You’ve broached the topic of marriage before, even in a really casual way, and it’s like you can see his entire body stiffen up and he does whatever he can to change the topic ASAP. Why would someone who thinks you could be his future wife be so terrified to talk about it even in abstract terms? I think you know the answer.
- He never wants to move the relationship to the next level. Maybe you’ve gotten to the point where you’re officially boyfriend and girlfriend, but it hasn’t really progressed since then. Every time you want to take the next step, like maybe moving in together or introducing your families to one another, he balks and isn’t into the idea. This is another of the signs he’ll never marry you and you probably won’t get anywhere close.
- He never posts you on social media. Sure, Instagram and Facebook aren’t life, but if you’re a proper couple and he goes to great lengths to ensure you never appear on any of his social media feeds, there has to be a reason for that. How on earth will you ever be his wife if he doesn’t even want his followers to know that you’re his girlfriend? I wouldn’t hold your breath.
- You’re never invited to hang out with his family. When you marry someone, you’re basically marrying their family as well, especially if your partner is particularly close to them. If he never invites you to family gatherings or to meet up with his parents or siblings when they’re in town, this is not a good sign.
- He gets weird whenever you mention the future. You’ve mentioned things you’d like to do in the future, like traveling around the world and maybe even having kids, and he sorta gets all shifty about it. He never joins in on those fantasies or adds anything to them. In fact, he sort of goes stark silent. What’s with this guy?
- He thinks and lives like a single guy. Near the top of the list of signs that he’s never going to marry you is if he’s living like he’s still a bachelor. If he’s still making decisions based on his own thoughts and feelings and never consulting you, he’s obviously still in the headspace of a single guy and isn’t ready for a marriage.