The dating scene is so dire sometimes that it’s easy to convince yourself you’ve met a real Prince Charming just because a halfway decent guy has crossed your path. Hey, it happens to the best of us! So how do you know when you genuinely have an instant connection with a guy and there’s a potential for something real between you? Keep your eyes out for these signs – they’ll tell you everything you need to know.
- You feel completely at ease around him. When you’re together, things just make sense. Generally speaking, when you meet a new potential love interest, you’ll naturally feel some anxiety and nervousness around them because you don’t know how it’s going to play out between you. However, when you have an instant connection with a guy, it feels like that just melts away and you’re comfortable and relaxed around him.
- Time flies when you’re together. You can get together for eight hours and it only feels like a few minutes. Whether you’re sight-seeing in a city neither of you is familiar with or simply watching Netflix and eating pizza on his couch, the hours feel like seconds and time absolutely flies when you’re together and when it’s time to leave, it never feels like you’ve been together for long enough. It’s so crazy how this can happen!
- There’s never a lull in conversation. When you have an instant connection with a guy, the conversation flows freely. You have so much to talk about because you have so much in common and the things you differ on are the things you want to know more about from each other. You could talk all night and still not get sick of the conversation.
- Things feel intimate already. You may only have known one another for a couple of weeks but already, things feel intimate. I don’t even mean sexually – you don’t have to have slept with a guy to feel close to him. If you simply have this deep-rooted feeling of emotional and mental connection with him, chances are it’s because you have that elusive instant connection.
- Being yourself is easy. You know that the only way to honor yourself and have a truly healthy relationship is by being 100% yourself, but that’s not always easy to remember when you first meet a new guy. Often, we feel the need to change ourselves or try to present a certain version of ourselves in order to get or maintain his interest. With this guy, there’s none of that. You can be your weird, wacky, wonderful self and it’s no problem. In fact, he loves it!
- You complement one another well. You’re carbon copies of one another – there are areas in which you differ. However, you tend to be different in perfectly proportional ways. For instance, maybe you have zero patience and struggle with waiting for things but he’s basically the saint of patience. If you overflow where the other lacks, that bodes well for your future relationship.
- Everything with him feels effortless. At the end of the day, you can’t fake an instant connection with a guy. It’s either there or it isn’t. If everything with him feels effortless and carefree and you don’t have to think about every little thing, you can pretty much rest assured that there’s something real and important between you.