More and more these days, many people are heading online to find love. While many choose to hit up dating apps to meet people in their local area, it’s definitely possible to fall for someone who’s far away from you (at least for now). It can be hard to know if the connection you share is genuine, but if you relate to any of these signs, you can rest assured that your online relationship is definitely real.
- You’re in regular contact via phone, text, and video chat. You may not be able to hang out face to face very regularly, but that doesn’t mean you prioritize staying in touch any less. You regularly make time to FaceTime each other, and if you’re on the go and can’t manage a video chat, you still text or call each other while you run errands or on your way to work. You know that without communication, your relationship can’t thrive, so you both make it a priority.
- You’ve actually met in person and the chemistry is there. You may have met online and things got intense fast, but that means nothing if you meet in person and the spark fizzles immediately. If you’ve spent time together in the flesh and your connection is just as strong or even hotter than it was online, you know you have a pretty good chance at a legitimate relationship.
- You always know the next time you’re going to see each other. Maybe you live in different towns, states, or even countries and travel isn’t always easy. However, you never leave each other without a concrete plan for the next time you’ll be together. Even if it’s a few months away, having a date in mind helps you get through the time you’re apart and shows that being together is a real priority for you. It feels amazing to know that your online relationship is turning into something real before your very eyes.
- You take the time to bridge the distance between you. While many people might argue that you’re not in a “real” relationship because much of your time with your partner happens online, that couldn’t be further from the truth. You both take the time to “date” virtually, hopping on video chat to eat dinner together or even watch a movie. You even send each other little romantic packages or make each other mixes of your favorite songs to keep the romance alive. That’s more than many couples who live together do!
- You don’t view it as an “online relationship.” One of the biggest signs that your online relationship is real is if you don’t even think about the fact that it’s online. In your head, it’s just like every other relationship. After all, you’re not going to be tied to the internet forever. Eventually you’ll get to live together in the same place, and when you do, it’s going to be even more incredible.