There seem to be two different types of guys in millennial relationships: ones who are happy to coast along and “see how things go” and ones who are ready to settle down and truly commit. If he’s the latter, he’ll show you in the following ways.
- He’ll treat you like a queen. He’ll shower you with compliments and affection and generally make you feel like you’re the only woman in the world. He may even forget about his mom, which is a definite indicator that you’re taking over as the number one gal in his life.
- He’ll put you first. If he wants you as his life partner, he’ll also prioritize you in every possible way. Has he made plans with the guys only for you to call him crying about your horrible day at work? If you’re important to him, he’ll come running. Likewise, say you’re having a cozy night in with Netflix and you want to watch America’s Next Top Model but he wants to catch up with Breaking Bad. If he’s happy to let you take over the remote, needless to say, he’s a keeper.
- You’ll be a factor in his decision-making. To go one step further, the guy who sees you as his future wifey will include you in all of his decisions. From what you’re having for dinner to what you’re both doing at the weekend, he’ll consider you and ask you before he makes plans to check that you’re OK with them. That’s how you know that he’s hubby material.
- He’ll integrate you into all aspects of his life. From gatecrashing plans with his friends to his exercise classes, he’s happy for you to come along to each and every event that matters to him. Why? Well, because that’s just how much he cherishes you.
- He talks about the future. Whether he’s dropping hints about potential names for your unborn kids or telling you all about his favorite honeymoon destinations, you won’t have to second guess his intentions because he’ll make them blatantly obvious. You also won’t have to force him into having the discussion—he’ll bring it up on his own.
- Your relationship history doesn’t bother him. If he’s certain that you’re the one for you, he’ll already know all about your relationship history and ghosts of boyfriends past and won’t show any signs of going anywhere. That’s because you’ve had so many deep and meaningful chats about previous experiences and he’s comfortable with the connection that you have. Moreover, he won’t show any immaturity when it comes to past relationships and you’ll get the sense that he only wants to move forward rather than dwell on the past.
- His maturity shines through. Speaking of maturity, the guy who’s keen to settle down will make it obvious with his lifestyle changes. Has your boyfriend recently expressed his disinterest in partying with his buddies on the weekend or having an untidy apartment? Has he become more eager to have quiet nights in on the sofa or learn how to make the best seafood risotto known to man? If your answers to these questions are all yes, then your other half is truly growing up and transitioning from a boy to man—and not just boy to man, but a boy who wants a serious committed relationship. Fact.
- He lets you see his authentic self. Similarly, a guy who wants to settle down is happy for you to see the grown-up side to him—or any side of him for that matter. He can 100% be himself around you, which means he’s also not afraid to be goofy or vulnerable. If he’s guarded with everyone else around him, then this cements the fact that he sees you as a surefire part of his future.
- He’ll straight up tell you. Ultimately, a guy who’s ready to start hopping aboard the shared house, marriage, and babies train will just come out with it. There’ll be no secrets, no waiting around, and no wondering what on earth is on his mind as he’ll straight up let you know. He’ll also be super positive about anything involving you and the future. Why? Well, because he just can’t wait for the future to get here already.