Is there anything more magical than looking out on your back yard on a winter’s day, maybe somewhere around Christmas, and seeing everything covered in snow? With global warming, that hasn’t happened all that much lately (at least not where I live), but now you don’t even have to wait until December to see if it will. This silver ragwort plant will turn your garden into a winter wonderland all summer long!
It’s the perfect bit of foliage. While vibrant blooms are what summer is all about, sometimes you just want something a little more understated when it comes to your plants. Silver ragwort, also known as Dusty Miller or Jacobaea maritime, fits the bill perfectly here.
The leaves of the silver ragwort are stunning. It’s clear just by looking at the ornamental plant that it’s extremely intricate and beautiful. The silvery sheen casts a wintery glow on the plant as a whole that’s downright magical. The fact that it seems like it would be a winter bloomer but is actually at its height all summer is pretty neat too.
Silver ragwort absolutely adores sunshine. If you decide to plant some in your own back yard, make sure it gets plenty of sunlight every day because silver ragwort will absolutely drink it up. It prefers well-drained soil, as well, so keep that in mind when you plant it.
It’s actually incredibly low-maintenance. While you’ll need to water your silver ragwort plant regularly during the first two weeks until the roots take hold in the soil you’ve planted it in, after that you can kind of leave it alone to do its thing. And while you can cut off dead leaves if they’re unsightly, there’s no need to do that and silver ragwort will do just fine on its own.
Seeds are inexpensive and can be planted through June. If you love the look of silver ragwort and want its beauty in your own garden, you can likely buy a plant at your local garden center. Amazon also sells a pack of more than 200 seeds* for only $9.99 so you don’t even have to leave home. Happy planting!
* Bolde uses affiliate links and may make a small profit from any sales completed via links we provide, which we then use to continue bringing you great content. As a small business, we appreciate your support.
Sponsored: The best dating/relationships advice on the web. Check out Relationship Hero a site where highly trained relationship coaches get you, get your situation, and help you accomplish what you want. They help you through complicated and difficult love situations like deciphering mixed signals, getting over a breakup, or anything else you’re worried about. You immediately connect with an awesome coach on text or over the phone in minutes. Just click here…
- You Know You’re In An Almost Relationship If You’re Sending Him These Texts
- “Duty Dating” Is A Thing And You Need To Start Doing It ASAP
- 14 Little Things That Look Like Love But Are Actually Manipulation
- 17 Life Struggles Of Women Who Are Naturally Loud
- I Didn’t Understand Why I Kept Ending Up With Toxic Guys Until I Realized These Important Things
- What’s Your Hottest Quality? Here’s What Your Zodiac Sign Suggests
- They Might Not Seem Like It, But These 12 Things Are Emotional Abuse
- Your Drunk Self Is Your Truest Self, Science Says
Share this article now!