Sister Act and the sequel are two movies that have gone down in cinematic history as just being too damn good not to love. While they came out in 1992 and 1993 respectively, it’s safe to say that they’re just as popular as ever, which is why it’s such great news to hear that Sister Act 3 is officially in the works. I can’t wait!
Whoopi Goldberg confirmed the news on The Late Late Show. During an interview with James Corden on October 6, Goldberg said that while there wasn’t much interest in another movie for a while, the tides seem to have turned recently. “For a long time, they kept saying no one wanted to see it,” she said. “And then quite recently, it turns out, that that may not be true. People may want to see it.”
They’re “working diligently” on another movie. Goldberg went on to say that while nothing is set in stone for Sister Act 3 as of yet, everyone is dedicated in working “to figure out how to get the gang together and come back” for another movie. Uh, yes please!
There’s nothing not to love about Sister Act. You don’t have to be religious to like it – in fact, it’s probably even better if you’re not. It’s just good, clean fun! “It’s fun and it feels good,” Goldberg added. “And you know, nobody’s mad. It’s just, listen — bad singing, great singing, OK singing and then nuns. What’s better than that?” Nothing at all!
Here’s hoping we get more news on this soon! It might be a while given COVID and getting everything in order, but fingers crossed we get another movie in the coming few years. We could certainly use it!
- I Didn’t Understand Why I Kept Ending Up With Toxic Guys Until I Realized These Important Things
- Your Drunk Self Is Your Truest Self, Science Says
- 14 Little Things That Look Like Love But Are Actually Manipulation
- 17 Life Struggles Of Women Who Are Naturally Loud
- 12 Reasons You’re Single Even Though You’re A Catch
- What’s Your Hottest Quality? Here’s What Your Zodiac Sign Suggests
- You Know You’re In An Almost Relationship If You’re Sending Him These Texts
- They Might Not Seem Like It, But These 12 Things Are Emotional Abuse
Share this article now!