Summer is coming, and that means it’s just about time for hard seltzer season again. There’s nothing better than kicking back with a fizzy one in the back yard or by the pool. Thankfully, Smirnoff’s new hard seltzers are packing double the alcoholic punch this year to make chilling out even better (and even buzzier).
- Smirnoff isn’t new to the hard seltzer game. Their original line included flavors like Pina Colada, Cranberry Lime, Orange Mango, and Watermelon. The 12-oz. cans were pretty tasty and there was nothing wrong with them, but Smirnoff clearly thought there was room for improvement, and I have to say, they’ve definitely upped the ante.
- We’re talking 8% ABV here, people. The original Smirnoff hard seltzers had 4.5% ABV, which is respectable and pretty average for that type of beverage. However, the new releases have 8% ABV, which means you get two cans’ worth of boozy goodness in one. Love it!
- There are new flavors available too! Blackberry and Blood Orange have been added to Smirnoff’s line of hard seltzers and those are some pretty solid flavor choices. Better yet, they contain no sugar and are only 67 calories per can, which is an added bonus for sure. To be honest, I’d drink them even if they weren’t sugar-free, but I’m always happy to cut back where I can.
- They’re on shelves now, so keep an eye peeled the next time you’re doing essential shopping. Whether you’re popping into your local liquor store (not an essential trip but I feel you) or grabbing some groceries from your local supermarket or even stores like Target or Walmart, have a look in the liquor aisle to see if they’re in stock.
- The old seltzers should still be available too. The new Smirnoff hard seltzers shouldn’t replace the old ones so if you loved those flavors and don’t want to lose them, don’t worry. They’re still out there to be enjoyed!