While Snoop Dogg may be best known for his rap skills and his blunt-loving, he’s now ready to branch out into another new industry: wine. He’s teamed up with Australian wine brand 19 Crimes to bring out his own blend of California Red, and it’s due to hit shelves just in time for Summer 2020.
- This is a little different from gin and juice. Snoop Cali Red is 19 Crimes’ first California wine and has Snoop’s mug on the label. According to Food & Wine, this is a red wine blend made up of 65% Petite Syrah, 30% Zinfandel, and 5% Merlot for ultimate flavor. Sounds pretty tasty to me!
- Snoop’s not exactly your average convict. While Snoop Dogg does indeed have a criminal record, he doesn’t exactly fit in with 19 Crimes’ brand ethos of creating wines that feature the”convicts-turned-colonists” responsible for building Australia. No matter! His image still works here. “Snoop embodies the spirit of 19 Crimes–rule breaking, culture creating and overcoming adversity,” said marketing vice president of the Americas for Treasury Wine Estates John Wardley in an announcement.
- It will be incredibly affordable. Snoop Dogg knows we all have a budget to adhere to, which is why Snoop Cali Red will retail for about $12. Totally affordable but still just enough to make you feel like you’re drinking something super classy, right?
- There’s no specific release date set, but Snoop is pretty excited about it. “I’ve been a fan of this wine and I’m excited to unveil my ‘Snoop Cali Red’ this summer and share the experience with all my fans,” he said in a statement. “It’s one of the most successful brands in the market, so I’m more than eager to bring this collaboration to the world!”
- I’ve never been looking forward to a wine more. Sure, drinking red in summer seems like a bit of a faux pas, but if Snoop Dogg says it’s a good idea, who are we to argue?