Chocolate and jelly beans are tasty, sure, but they’re not everyone’s ideal snacks, some people just prefer savory over sweet. Nothing wrong with that! It also doesn’t mean that you have to miss out on Easter treats. Thankfully, there’s such a thing as a solid cheese Easter egg that’s the most delicious thing you’ll eat this April.
- Birmingham-based Butlers Farmhouse Cheeses is behind the invention. A solid cheese Easter egg can only be a good thing, and it’s shocking that no one had invented it before now. Thankfully, Butlers Farmhouse Cheeses has made it happen for us.
- How does the Cheester Egg Double Yolker sound? If you thought one solid cheese Easter egg sounded delicious, why not get two instead? The set comes with the Blacksticks Blue Cheester Egg and the Cheesealicious Cheddar Cheester Egg, both of which sound equally delicious and go with different things.
- The blue cheese Easter egg would go great on toast. If you’re into stinky, pungent cheeses, there’s nothing better than blue. Slice a bit off the egg and spread it on toast or, better yet, a hot cross bun. Sounds like a weird combination but Butlers promises it’s delicious.
- The cheddar egg can be eaten at any time with anything. Frankly, a solid cheddar cheese Easter egg just deserves to be sliced and eaten as-is, but if you want to add some to crackers or even melt a bit on toast or something, go for it.
- Sadly, they’re only available in the UK. These cheese Easter eggs are only available for shipping in the UK, with the duo running £8.00 (about $10). You can also buy them individually for £4.50 (about $5.50). The shipping is a little expensive at £6.99, but that seems worth it to ensure your cheese turns up quickly and still fresh. Then you can eat it immediately. Try to pace yourself!