Social distancing measures can be inconvenient or even tough to follow, but they’re vital in order to stop the spread of illness and save people’s lives. As more cities, states, and countries begin to slowly open up and return our lives to something resembling a new normal, it’s important to follow those measures in the weeks and months ahead. If you need some help on how to do it, you only need to check out these stray cats in the Philippines doing it perfectly.
- Social distancing circles were painted on the sidewalk in Quezon City. The circles appeared outside of a market in an attempt to help customers ensure they were maintaining proper space between themselves and other shoppers. Strangely enough, the cats seemed to want to take part in the measures as well.
- The photos of the cats sitting in the circles went viral quickly. Coleen Joice Aquino posted her photos on Facebook and it wasn’t long before they started racking up likes and shares. At the time of writing, she has more than 18,000 comments and 16,000 shares on the post.
- These are some pretty polite cats, after all! While most of the time, cats are pretty oblivious to the presence of humans and like to do their own thing, it’s good to see that they’re down with social distancing. “I took the photos on May 10 and these cats are just roaming around the public market where our vegetable store is located at. That was the first time I saw cats sitting in the circles,” Aquino told Bored Panda.
- The cats keep coming back. Aquino added that while this was the first time she noticed the cats in the social distancing circles, it wasn’t the last. She saw them several other times during subsequent visits to the market, which is pretty funny. Something tells me people are making it worth their while with some treats!
- She never expected the post to go so crazy. Aquino thought some people might like to see the photos but never thought that they would get as popular as they have. “I just posted them because I found it cute and nice content to share on social media,” she said. It definitely was!