Being with an independent woman can be tough if you’re not used to a partner who speaks her mind and won’t put up with any crap. However, if you learn to roll with the punches and can offer us these 8 things, we just might be the best girlfriend you’ve ever had.
- Trust. You have to trust us when we say that we’re independent by nature. It’s nothing against you or the relationship. Trust us when we say that we care about you and trust that we would never neglect the relationship. We wouldn’t betray you and just because we’re not up your ass 24/7 doesn’t mean we don’t love you. Trust us.
- Loyalty. Just because we’re independent doesn’t mean that we’re not loyal. We value the relationship, but we value our sense of independence as well. Don’t think that this lets you off the hook from being someone that we can count on when we need you. We’ll always be there for you and we expect the same from you.
- An open line of communication. Communication is the most important part of a relationship and without it, things will go south quickly. We might seem super strong and put together, and we are, but we still want to be able to talk about our feelings and the things that are bothering us. Independence does not equal distance.
- Alone time. Sometimes, we just need space. It’s not necessarily because we don’t want to be around you, but because we like to enjoy some quiet time to ourselves every once in a while. It’s important for us to be able to recharge our batteries so we can get out, kick ass, and be amazing girlfriends and women.
- Knowing the importance of a girls night out. Girls’ night out is something that we highly value. We love you, but we also love our friends. We need those nights where we can be with our girls and have a little fun. Because of this, we’ll never give you crap about wanting to hit the bar with the guys, either.
- Mutual understanding. It can be hard for some men to accept the fact that a woman can be completely independent but also be in a happy, committed relationship. If you’re dating us, you have to understand that our world doesn’t revolve around you, but it also doesn’t mean that we don’t care deeply about you.
- Appreciation. All women need to feel appreciated, but since independent women can be a bit of a handful, you might have to work a little harder to understand us so that you can not only accept us for who we are, but truly embrace it.
- Freedom. Independent women need a long leash. We want balance in lifem which means that even though we’re in a relationship, we still cater to the other parts of our lives that make us who we are. We’re not defined by the relationship. We need the freedom to be ourselves while still being with you.