Some women seem to be an actual magnet for crappy guys. For no apparent reason, we’re constantly surrounded by unwanted attention from jerks who seem to have no idea just how obnoxious and terrible they are. For these women, being popular is more of a curse than a blessing. If this sounds like you, you can probably relate to these 9 struggles jerk magnets have on a daily basis:
- Your inboxes are full of sexual propositions. Like, all of your inboxes. You’re pretty sure you even receive an occasional proposition via snail mail. It would be nice to, just once, be able to check your messages without being bombarded with unsolicited sex movie script rejects.
- Your phone rings all the time, day and night. You have to turn your ringer off because no one seems to respect the fact that you have responsibilities that might be easier to tend to if you’re not woken up every night at 3 am. And 4 am. And 5.
- Penis pics, penis pics everywhere. For whatever reason, guys are constantly sending you pictures of their junk. And they don’t like when you judge their body scrupulously, even though they’ve already done that to you.
- You have to regularly deal with rejection rage. Losers don’t tend to cope with rejection very well. You’ve long ago given up on the polite letdown, because you just end up getting lashed out at, anyway. You’ve been called so many insults after rejecting guys that they don’t even phase you anymore — you’re just glad the conversation is ending.
- You get blamed for being a jerk magnet. Both the jerks and, unfortunately, other women might blame you for your magnetic quality. You’re told you should dress differently, drink less, or post less suggestive selfies if you don’t want attention from rude dudes. You’re constantly being put on the defensive even though you know in your heart it’s the jerks that are the problem, not you.
- Losers expect you to be grateful for the attention. You’re constantly being pestered with unwanted attention, and then told you’re a bitch for ignoring it or saying no. It’s the double whammy where men get to annoy you twice.
- Constant rumor spreading. Jerks will say whatever they want about you with no regard for how it might hurt your feelings, career, or reputation. At this point, the people who really know you don’t believe any story they hear, unless it’s coming out of your mouth.
- Jerks disguise themselves as nice guys. Some guys are sneaky! They pretend to be decent human beings in order to get close to you and then one day, BAM! His inner jerk comes out in full force. You’d be surprised if you weren’t so used to be pursued by sociopaths.
- Good men think they aren’t your type. The good guy sees you surrounded by mean boys and thinks he doesn’t have a shot with you. He thinks you’re the type that only likes losers and won’t even try. Unluckily for you, just saying you’re interested in a nice guy probably won’t be enough to convince them to try. Guys are pretty obsessed with that whole “good men always get friendzoned” myth, and that narrative is working against you. You’re most likely going to have to actively seek out a decent man and make the first move when you’re ready for a relationship, because a steady stream of jerks seems to be the only thing that’s coming your way.