Whether you’re a social media queen or only in it for the cute dog pictures, chances are, you’re on Instagram. As of 2015, the app has more than 400 million monthly users worldwide — that’s a whole lot of selfies. But unless you’re a celebrity or big name blogger, chances are the likes on your selfies are limited to your BFFs and your mom. So what’s the secret to becoming Instafamous? Unsurprisingly, it all comes down to which filters you use — and one in particular has been proven to get you way more double taps.
According to a study from graphic design company Canva, Clarendon is the most-used Instagram filter worldwide, just after no filter at all. It’s located just next to normal, so it’s hard to tell if it’s really all that good or we’re just too lazy to scroll (be honest — we’ve all been there). Juno, Valencia, and Gingham are also popular, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they’re the most effective when it comes to popularity. So what’ll get you the most likes?
It turns out, no filter at all is the way to go with your selfies if you’re looking for the admiration of the masses. It’s by and large the most effective way to increase the likes on your selfies, which is pretty amazing and also rather comforting. After all, why should you put a filter on something that’s already beautiful as-is?
The next time you pose for your phone’s front lens, skip the filter — you look great just the way you are.
Featured image via StudioThreeDots/iStock
- Your Drunk Self Is Your Truest Self, Science Says
- “Duty Dating” Is A Thing And You Need To Start Doing It ASAP
- 17 Life Struggles Of Women Who Are Naturally Loud
- 14 Little Things That Look Like Love But Are Actually Manipulation
- I Didn’t Understand Why I Kept Ending Up With Toxic Guys Until I Realized These Important Things
- What’s Your Hottest Quality? Here’s What Your Zodiac Sign Suggests
- You Know You’re In An Almost Relationship If You’re Sending Him These Texts
- They Might Not Seem Like It, But These 12 Things Are Emotional Abuse
Share this article now!