Despite the fact that the world is full of single people, sometimes it feels like you’re the only one. When your social media is full of engagement photos, wedding videos and pregnancy announcements, it can start to seem like everyone is finding love except you. Here’s how to survive rolling solo in a world full of couples:
- Find single friends. If all your close friends are couples, you’re bound to feel left out. That’s why you need single friends to lean on when times get tough. It’s great that you have friends that found their happily ever after, but you also need friends who understand what you’re going through.
- Get a wingwoman. You need someone else looking out for your love life, empowering you when you’re feeling down and encouraging you when you’re ready to get out there and find love again. A wingwoman is there to give you an extra boost of confidence and keeps you playing the game even when times get tough.
- Stop worrying. It’s sad to say, but all those couples you know won’t be together forever. Despite how others make it seem, it’s actually hard to find The One, if you even believe in that. Stop thinking there’s something wrong with you —you can’t force yourself to find your forever after. When the timing is right, love will come sweep you off your feet.
- Remember that the grass always looks greener on the other side… But that doesn’t mean it actually is. The couples you’re envying might look happy on the outside, but that doesn’t mean they don’t have their fair share of issues — and being single is always better than being in an unhealthy relationship.
- Never stop being a friend. If your girls get boyfriends, don’t resent them. Be happy for them, because you’d want them to be happy for you. Holding onto anger and resentment won’t help you find love any faster and also makes you a crappy friend. Don’t be that person.
- Use your plus one. If you don’t want to be the oddball out, then don’t be. Bring a friend to make your night a success. In a world full of couples, the best thing you can do is rely heavily on your friendships.
- Invest in yourself. While your friends are investing in their oh-so-important relationships, you need to work on the relationship you have with yourself. The less you focus on finding The One and instead bettering yourself. Even though it’s not the reason you should do it, it’ll likely make you even more attractive to guys. Weird, right?
- Embrace it. The single life only lasts so long, so you need to enjoy it. Once you’re tied down, life is going to be a hell of a lot different. Right now, you’re free. You don’t have a significant other holding you back, so now is the time to be a little selfish and lively solely for yourself.
- Stay confident. Just because you’re alone right now, doesn’t mean you’ll be alone forever. The odds are actually in your favor that you’ll meet a man and settle down into married life. Don’t give up, because your forever after could be right around the corner.