If you’re on Tinder, you’ve probably had all sorts of guys swipe right and then not send you a message. WTF? It’s almost like having a great date but then he doesn’t call — it’s confusing and it sucks. When it comes to Tinder, here’s why he might not be reaching out:
- He swiped by mistake. It’s really easy to slide your finger to the right instead of the left by accident. Hey, it happens, especially if he’s flicking through profiles at lightning speed while talking to his friends and lighting a cig.
- He doesn’t really use the app that much. A lot of people using dating sites and apps just aren’t serious. They’re looking around with no intention of doing anything real.
- He started chatting to someone else. He might have really wanted to chat to you but then some other woman grabbed his attention and took him offline. You’re bombarded by so many profiles that it’s easy to get distracted. Admit it — this has happened to you too.
- He doesn’t really know what to say. It’s not always easy to introduce yourself to someone on a dating app or make a mind-blowing first move. Those Tinder suggestions of what you should say don’t really help much either. So maybe the guy has a bit of cold feet. Why not go on and make the first move? It’s just a hello.
- He wasn’t sure about you. OK, this might be a tough pill to swallow but again, it happens and has probably happened to you. The guy swiped right, was interested in chatting, then changed his mind. Maybe he was intimidated or didn’t feel you guys would have a connection. His loss but really no biggie.
- He likes being single. Sometimes people join the latest dating apps just to see what all the hype is about without really wanting to meet anyone new because they dig being on their own. As in, really like it so much they don’t want to connect or find a relationship. You’re a fabulous single, so you probably can’t help but agree with them.
- He’s looking for a quick hook-up. He wanted to hook up and nothing more and on second glance saw that you’re perhaps not the type who’s looking for that. Maybe your profile picture gave him the impression that you’re looking for something serious so he took his attention to the half-naked chicks instead.
- He’s got a girlfriend or wife. A survey by GlobalWebIndex of 47,000 Tinder users found that 30 percent of them are married while 12 percent are in relationships. Sleazeballs alert. So, maybe the guy got busted by his significant other before he had a chance to try to con you. We can only hope. Whatever the reason for the jerk’s quick exit, he’s done you a huge favor.