Most of us would agree that makeup is one of the best things about being a woman. Treating ourselves to a new lipstick or eyeliner can sometimes be just the ticket when we’re having a rough day. We’re probably pretty loyal to Sephora, but as it turns out, Target is totally going to be the new place to buy all the beauty products that our little heart desires. Here’s what we should all know about Target changing the beauty game:
- Target has been stepping it up for a while. No longer just a place to buy generic eyeshadow and blush, Target has been adding some serious beauty brands for a while now. People love K-beauty and Glow Studio, two brands that the franchise has been selling recently.
- A ton of new Target stores are coming. How many? That would be 75. Yeah, that’s a lot. Chances are there’s a new store coming to a town near you that will serve up a whole host of new and awesome merchandise. Since we’re already so obsessed with Target and can spend the whole day there if we don’t have other plans, this is crazy good news.
- The beauty department is getting a major upgrade. Even though we may love buying makeup in a drugstore simply because we’re buying makeup, we can’t argue with the fact that the lighting can be super bright and off-putting (not to mention hard to accurately assess swatches in). The whole experience isn’t exactly that amazing. Well, thanks to Target’s commitment to changing their beauty aisles, the lighting is going to be really awesome. And that’s just one new thing to get excited about. There will also be cooler light fixtures and the layout is going to be much different: open-concept. All the better to see all the fun products, right?
- It’s going to be inspiring. As the chief merchandising officer and Target EVP Mark Tritton told Refinery 29, “This is one of the reasons we’re investing to create a more compelling experience … The new design in beauty pulls you in, it’s a specialty environment that invites you to shop.” We all want to spend money when we’re in a pretty store, don’t we? It’s why we adore stores like Anthropologie that are basically museums full of beautiful, girly stuff.
- We’ll get more than just beauty products. If we wonder what products look best on our skin tone or want to know more about taking care of our face, we can walk up to a concierge and chat with them about it. Having someone to discuss your options with can really make all the difference, especially if you happen to be indecisive when it comes to beauty purchases.
- There will be FREE beauty product samples. Oh yes. This is definitely one of the best things about the new Target beauty plan. You’ll free samples whenever you visit a Target. Who doesn’t love free stuff, especially free makeup? That’s the happiest news ever.
- You can put on makeup in the store before purchasing anything. Think of this as the dream that we had back when we were young girls: being able to play with makeup for hours and hours. Okay, so Target employees might not love if we spend that much time in their beauty aisles, but you can still spend a good chunk of time trying before you decide to spend your hard-earned dough.
- The NYC store will be epic. If none of this sounds good enough (which it totally does), all we have to do is fly to New York and visit the Herald Square location which will be completely magical. There’s going to be E.L.F. Cosmetics and Target’s Glow Studio collection. There will also be an NYC Professional Makeup Brow Bar. That’s definitely the best way to spend a weekend afternoon with our girlfriends.
- You can literally buy everything at Target. A lot of people are saying that thanks to Target’s plans, we won’t have to buy makeup at drugstores anymore, and we can literally get everything that we need at this one place. We won’t have to spend way too much money on our makeup and we can also run errands right before checking out the beauty aisles. What more could a girl ask for?