Texas police made a rather unique arrest last week after they stopped a man wanted for DWI who happened to be driving with a lit BBQ in the bed of his truck. Jay Rojas caused a large fire due to his dangerous antics but was taken into custody in Houston on January 5 before anyone was hurt, Constable Mark Herman’s Office said in a statement, according to CBS DFW.
Rojas was extremely drunk. Deputies had Rojas take a field sobriety test after stopping him, which he failed. The test results proved he was severely intoxicated. Officers also discovered that he was in possession of alleged cocaine.
He was taken to Harris County Jail and booked on multiple charges. “Jay Rojas was arrested and booked in the Harris County Jail, charged with driving while intoxicated and possession of a controlled substance. His bond and court information have not been set at this time,” Constable Herman announced.
It’s unclear what led him to put a lit BBQ pit in his truck bed. Perhaps he was tailgating somewhere or it could simply have been the influence of the alcohol and drugs. Either way, he’s very lucky that no one was hurt.
- Your Drunk Self Is Your Truest Self, Science Says
- You Know You’re In An Almost Relationship If You’re Sending Him These Texts
- “Duty Dating” Is A Thing And You Need To Start Doing It ASAP
- I Didn’t Understand Why I Kept Ending Up With Toxic Guys Until I Realized These Important Things
- They Might Not Seem Like It, But These 12 Things Are Emotional Abuse
- What’s Your Hottest Quality? Here’s What Your Zodiac Sign Suggests
- 14 Little Things That Look Like Love But Are Actually Manipulation
- 12 Reasons You’re Single Even Though You’re A Catch
Share this article now!