Your 20s are the perfect time to take some time off from work, travel, and spend time with your friends. After all, it’s the last decade you can get away with being not quite grown up but definitely not a child. However, your 20s can’t be all fun and games. You need to know how to do certain things if you want to survive as a woman in the modern world. Here are 10 things every woman in her 20s should be an expert in by now:
- Taking a compliment. Don’t shake your head whenever a man, a friend, or your boss gives you a compliment. Learn to take it with a smile. You don’t want to come across as insecure. Fake that confidence until you actually have it.
- Cyber stalking her dates. It’s not crazy; it’s called research. You don’t want to end up on a date with a serial killer. That’s why you need to find his Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, Twitter, and LinkedIn. You can even do a background search on him if you can. Nothing’s off the table.
- Cutting people out of her life. I’m not just talking about boyfriends. Breaking up with a friend can be just as difficult as cutting a man loose. Of course, you can’t keep toxic people around. You need to know how to delete them from your life for good.
- Saying no. Maybe you’re rejecting a guy at the bar. Maybe you’re telling your boss you can’t work overtime. It doesn’t matter what the situation is. All that matters is that you’re brave enough to say no when you aren’t OK with the question. You can’t be a people pleaser for the rest of your life.
- Tracking her period. You shouldn’t let that time of the month catch you off guard. There are plenty of apps you can download on your phone that’ll tell you the date when your period should arrive. That way, you won’t end up ruining more of your favorite jeans.
- Walking in heels. You don’t need a closet full of heels. However, you should at least know how to walk in them, in case you’re invited to a fancy outing where you’d look strange in sneakers. It never hurts to be prepared.
- Ignoring ignorant comments. A woman should be brave enough to stand up for herself, but there will be times when ignoring your haters is your best option. You can’t tackle every troll on the Internet, so learn how to ignore the BS comments you hear instead of letting them upset you.
- Examining her breasts. By the time you hit your 20s, you should know how to take care of your body — and that includes checking your breasts for lumps. You should also know what size bra is right for you, so you don’t end up causing yourself unnecessary discomfort.
- Making herself orgasm. Masturbation is the best way to relax after a long, hard day. After all, you’ve had your body for two decades, so you should know how it works by now. If you haven’t figured out how to make yourself orgasm yet, what are you waiting for?
- Managing her finances. You probably won’t be rich at this time in your life. However, you can set yourself up for a successful future by saving more than you’re spending, and by looking into retirement funds. It’s never too early to plan ahead.
9 Reasons Men Deserve The Crazy Label More Than We Do
16 Reasons The Best Women Often Stay Single The Longest
Is He Your Future Husband Or A Waste Of Time? Here Are 18 Differences
12 Types Of Single Girls – Which One Are You?
40 Things Every Woman Should Understand About Love
12 Reasons You’re Single Even Though You’re A Catch
The Girls That Get The Guys – 6 Things They Do Differently