From beauty magazines to television advertisements to sex online, our surroundings are full of outlets setting unrealistic expectations for how women should look and how we should behave. These days, though, it’s not just women who worry about falling short of society’s ideals for our gender. For better or worse, the playing field is starting to even out. Men are subject to judgment, too, and these are just some of the things that stress them out:
- Suffers to be beautiful down there. Should they shave? Trim? Wax? Basically, men are highly concerned with doing whatever they need to do to convince you to go down on them early and often.
- Guys know that your best gal pals have a ton of influence on your own level of interest. If they tell you he’s a catch, you’re more likely to be interested. So not only does he need to woo you, but he also needs to get your friends on his side. And finding a balance is delicate: if he lavishes your friends with too much attention, that won’t be pretty, either!
- Cheating is one of the latest conquests of equal opportunity. You know that guy friend of yours that he always gives you a hard time about hanging out with? His jealousy may be hiding his fear.
- The One. It’s the paradox of choice. The more options we have, the more we worry about whether we’re missing out on something better. And with dozens of women just clicks away on dating websites, the lure of the unknown makes it more difficult for guys to convince themselves that you’re really the right girl for them.
- Sure, they have sizes that incorporate both waist size and length, which is at least a step up from our own single-sized clothing. But there are still plenty of measurements that aren’t accounted for: we’re looking at you, testicles.
- There’s a reason for that stereotype that guys are obsessed with their penis size. It’s because they’re actually obsessed with their penis size.
The worries will never go away completely, but let’s all remember that we’re all in this together. Do your part to help your friends – both male and female – take a deep breath, remember that they’re fabulous, and RELAX.