To be fair, sometimes women drive us crazy in a good way, but there are other times when you drive us crazy in a bad way. In your defense, you don’t always realize that you’re doing something that drives us crazy for all the wrong reasons. However, if you read further (and I suggest you do), you won’t have that as an excuse because you’ll know what things drive us mad.
- Indecision To be fair, a lot of guys struggle with indecision as well. You can take some solace knowing that this isn’t a gender-specific thing. That being said, indecision when it comes to making plans or normal, everyday decisions drives us crazy. If it’s not a life-altering choice and you don’t have to stress over it. Just make a decision and stick with it so we can get on with our lives. It’ll save all of us so much time.
- Comparing us to your ex You don’t have to like every little thing about your boyfriend but it doesn’t mean you can openly compare him to an ex. Hearing you bring up your ex drives us crazy and kind of hurts our feelings. It’s bad enough knowing about your ex and it’s worse hearing that he’s superior to us in some way. Whether it’s jealousy or insecurity, it drives us crazy. Even comparing us to a guy friend or your brother who has his life together more than us can really get under our skin and slowly drive us insane even if it doesn’t seem like it.
- Lack of trust Unless you’re new to relationships, trust is super important. Just like you should be with a guy you trust, guys also need to know that we can trust you. When you’re suspicious about the places we go and the things we do, we can tell. You may think you’re being sneaky and covert about it, but eventually, we catch onto you. In short, we can tell when you don’t trust us and it drives us crazy, especially when we’ve done nothing to make you doubt us.
- Gossiping In fairness, not all women are into this immature behavior, but I think we can all agree that there are some women who still spread gossip like they’re still in high school. To be honest, hearing petty gossip and back-handed compliments about other women can get tiresome. It can slowly drive a guy insane without even realizing it. Also, it makes us wonder what kinds of things you’re saying to other people behind our back.
- Poor communication Before you say anything, men are also guilty of this. In fact, we’re probably far the worst offenders. But that doesn’t mean you ladies don’t have a problem with this too, just in a different way. Men are a little closed off and don’t like sharing our feelings. However, sometimes women like to talk around an issue, merely drop hints, or make passive-aggressive comments. Again, not all women do this, but some do and it drives us up the wall.
- Crying For the record, there’s nothing wrong with crying. It’s a great way to get your emotions out. But being around a woman who’s crying drives men crazy simply because we don’t know what to do. Should we comfort you? Should we give you space? Good guys genuinely want to do something. The problem is that you never tell us how to react when you’re crying, and that can be frustrating and start to drive us a little mad.
- Asking questions with no right answer Growing up, the SATs taught us that there’s a right and wrong answer to every question, so it’s difficult when you ask questions like “Does this make me look fat?” or “Do you think she’s prettier than me?” We want to give you the right answer, but too often it doesn’t seem like there is one. Naturally, this can be frustrating for us, especially when we try to answer it but can’t seem to come up with the right answer no matter how much we try.
- Calling/texting without a purpose There are times at the very beginning of a relationship when it’s fine to call or text without a purpose. It just turns into a good excuse to do some text flirting and there’s nothing wrong with that. But at a certain point, there’s no reason to call someone if you’re not in the mood to make conversation. It’s fine to check in and have a quick chat, but don’t put it on us to carry the conversation when you’re the one who called us. If we had something interesting to talk about, we would have called. It drives us nuts when you ladies call and have nothing to say. Sorry, but that’s the truth.
- Fishing for compliments We love the way you look and find you incredibly attractive. We wouldn’t be with you if we didn’t! Constantly putting yourself down by claiming that you’re “soooo fat” or that you’re ugly or any number of other self-deprecating comments in the hopes that we’ll reassure you that you’re beautiful, perfect, etc. isn’t just immature, it’s crazy-making. Please stop doing this.
- Not giving us space We love being with you and understand how important quality time is in a relationship, but we still need time and space to do our own thing, whether it’s vegging out with the PS4 or hanging out with our friends. When you smother us by expecting us to be together 24/7, you can guarantee that you’re driving us crazy.
While none of these behaviors on their own are deal breakers, they do present minor annoyances that really start to get to us after a while. Your partner should be mature enough to talk to you about these to your face and you should feel just as good about communicating your own pet peeves. That’s the only way a relationship can survive!