The world isn’t full of second chances, so you’d better make your first shot a good one because if you don’t, there’s no guarantee I’ll give you another. However, if you really want another chance with me, you’ll have to do more than just saying it — you’ll have to prove it.
- I don’t give out unlimited chances. That’s how you get played. I’ve dated my fair share of douchebags and I wouldn’t give any of them a second ring around the rosey, so why should I give you one? What makes you so special? I already gave you a shot — maybe you should have taken your first chance a little more seriously.
- Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. I fell for your BS once before, but never again. I won’t go down as a scorned woman. I like to learn from my mistakes, not repeat them. That’s what the first time with you felt like — a mistake. So why go through that again? Why put myself through the same stuff? I need to be smarter than that, and I need to start looking out for myself.
- Why should I trust you? Trust isn’t just a given. It’s earned. You already proved you shouldn’t be trusted. We built a foundation on trust, but you broke it and our whole relationship came crumbling down. We’re starting over from square one; why should I trust you again when you’ve already proven that you don’t deserve it?
- What makes this time different? Things didn’t workout the first time, so what makes you think that this time will be different? What has changed between then and now? Am I just supposed to believe that you won’t mess things up this time around? You’ve already let me down once, and if nothing’s truly different then you’re just going to do it again.
- I want to know what you’ve learned. You want a second chance? Why? Tell me. Convince me that you deserve it. What have you learned from the mistakes you made the last time? How will you make things better? How will you appreciate me this time? And how can I know you won’t pull the same stuff all over again?
- We all make mistakes, but this could be one too. You made a mistake, that’s what put us in this situation in the first place. By giving you a second chance, I could be making a mistake too. Two wrongs don’t make a right, especially in this situation, so maybe we should just part ways before any more damage can be done.
- I wasted enough time on you already. So please don’t waste any more. I want to move on with my life. I want to find something better, someone better. I want a guy that will take his first chance seriously, a guy that would never hurt me. You’re not that guy. I want to spend time finding Mr. Right instead of wasting more time on Mr. Wrong.
- Don’t make me regret it. If I choose to grace you with a second chance, then you’d better be worth it. You’d better take this gift seriously and not take me for granted again. I don’t give out chances to just anyone, so if you do prove that you deserve a second shot, don’t make me feel like a fool.