You were a great guy… or so I thought. You were wonderful in the beginning and I thought you were so much different than all the other guys I’ve met, but over time you revealed your true colors. The truth is, you were no Prince Charming — in the end, you were just another jerk.
- You changed over the course of our relationship. I loved the person you were at the beginning, not the jerk you turned into at the end. What happened to the good guy you used to be? Were you just pretending to be a nice guy that whole time? I feel so foolish for believing that you were someone you clearly won’t.
- You just stopped caring. It felt like it happened overnight. One day I was the thing you cared most about in the world and the next day I was nothing. You stopped caring about being a boyfriend and started caring solely about yourself. I don’t know if it’s because of the new friends you’ve started hanging out with or what, but it seriously hurts.
- You were different around your friends. The person I knew and the person you are with them are complete opposites. I loved you in private but I hated you in public. When your friends were around it was suddenly uncool to be my boyfriend, so you pretended like you didn’t care… and soon enough you weren’t just pretending.
- I was no longer a priority. You used to put me first but all of a sudden I was at the bottom of the list. You started to care more about how the guys saw you. You cared more about drinking, partying and going out every single night. It wasn’t just me you neglected — you stopped caring about work too. You were a completely different person who lost sight of everything you used to hold dear.
- You started to think you were better than me. And everyone else. You had a new life, new friends, new job, new place and I was the only part of your old life still hanging around. You became conceited and petty, walking around like you were better than everyone else. You rejected your old life to make room for the new. You thought you were changing for the better but your new friends really brought out your worst.
- We used to want the same things. Our futures used to look one and the same but now we’re headed down different paths. There is no “we” anymore because we could never be happy. I’d always want things to be the way they were and you want me to adapt to how they are now. We used to fit together but now we’ve grown too far apart.
- You stopped making an effort in our relationship. I was doing all the work and the worst part was you knew it and didn’t care. At first, you acted like things would be different. You saw how hurt I was and you wanted to make an effort to get our relationship back on track, but that was a fleeting feeling. Soon enough, you didn’t want to try anymore. You wanted no worries and I was the burden you didn’t want to carry.
- I believed in us and we were just another disappointment. I thought were the real deal and had what it takes to go the distance but it’s clear now I was wrong. I don’t regret loving you, but I regret missing out on the future you threw away.