A Spanish man on TikTok named Javier claims to be a time traveler from 2027 who’s stuck in a parallel universe in which he’s the only living person. The man, who posts under the handle @unicosobreviviente previously claimed that humans experience a mass extinction in the year he’s living (which he’s miraculously the only one to have survived), said that he has no idea how he got to this parallel universe or how to get out of it. If you smell a load of crap, you’re not alone.
Responder a @aniita351
- He just kinda… woke up there. “I woke up alone in a hospital in Valencia,” he explained in one of his clips. “I couldn’t remember my name or where I lived. I decided to go outside and there were no people. Everything was like in 2021, but the electronic devices showed 2027.”
- Apparently, he’s part of some mass experiment. The man says he recently discovered that his circumstances are the result of someone else’s actions. “I discovered that there was a connection between 2021 and 2027. People in 2021 could see the objects I left in the city, but people couldn’t see me and I couldn’t see them,” he revealed. “And a few days ago I found a letter telling me that I am the JESP8827 experiment, I come from 2027 and I am now in a parallel world in 2021 without people or animals.” Sure, sounds legit.
- He likes to share footage of the “empty” streets around him. The man has posted numerous clips in which he walks through what would generally be crowded areas of a city, from public transport stations to shopping malls and even a McDonald’s. In his videos, there’s no one around, but that’s certainly not proof of his story.
- People have been asking him to go live. As you can probably imagine, a self-described time traveler is going to draw a huge amount of criticism, and that’s certainly the case here. Many people have said that if the man really wants to add any kind of credibility to his story, he should go live on TikTok. This is because it’s very easy to manipulate videos to remove people and make them look desolate. Special effects are extremely advanced and pretty easy to master, after all. However, the man has yet to go live to quiet his critics. Hmm, I wonder why?
- His critics have dared him to be more adventurous. “Go to a public place (hospital, airport, shopping center, museum) and break the biggest window you see. If you are really alone you can’t get into trouble,” one person said. Another suggested: “Can you show the results of the lottery in 2021 through Internet searches?”
- There are so many inconsistencies in his story. Putting aside the fact that time travel isn’t possible, many people wonder how, for instance, the McDonald’s menu board is still on and operational or how Javier even has data given that there are no humans in his parallel universe. I suppose we’re supposed to believe that WiFi can cross the veil between universes?
Responder a @gatita_clarita
In the end, his prank seems to be working – he has nearly 3 million followers who are watching for his updates of this so-called abandoned world. While no one really buys it, it’s still fun to watch.