While there’s no beating a traditional Oreo, there’s also no reason you shouldn’t enjoy some of the brand’s other tasty cookies. Some of my personal favorites have been the Cinnamon Bun variety as well as the Latte Thins. However, I feel like the new Tiramisu Oreos coming sometime this year might end up going straight to the top of the list.
- They’re a coffee lover’s dream. If you love coffee, you probably love tiramisu. The Italian dessert combines ladyfinger biscuits with cream, mascarpone, rum, cream, egg yolks, and of course coffee. When done well, tiramisu is one of the most delicious and tasty treats ever, and I have a feeling it will translate perfectly into Oreo form.
- I’m shocked it took Oreo so long to come out with these. While tiramisu isn’t necessarily the most popular dessert, it is classic and one that will work well with the chocolate biscuit flavor, so it seems like a no-brainer. Oreo has hit up pretty much every flavor over the years, so I can’t believe we’re only getting Tiramisu Oreos in 2020.
- These things come with two layers of cream! Oreo is really going all-in on their Tiramisu Oreos, keeping the traditional chocolate biscuit but going with a double-layered cream, half of which looks vanilla and the other, while not explicitly described, will probably taste like coffee since they’re advertising “Tiramisu-flavored cream.” I’m into it!
- It’s unclear exactly when these will hit shelves. Tiramisu Oreos seem like they would be a good Easter release, so it’s possible we could see these at our local grocery stores as early as March or so, but Oreo hasn’t given an exact release date, unfortunately. One Instagram snack sleuth suggests April is the date, so we’ll see. Good things come to those who wait, I guess?
- In the meantime, there are some other flavors to look forward to. Oreo previously revealed that they’ll be unveiling Chocolate Marshmallow and Caramel Coconut flavors this year as well, so it looks like there will be plenty of Oreo goodness coming our way.