With warm weather finally upon us but tropical vacations still a very long way off, it’s up to us to make our own fun this summer. For many people, a large part of that fun will revolve around booze, and while there are plenty of pre-made drinks to choose from out there, I’m all about making my own cocktails. First on my list? This incredible triple layer piña colada recipe from Delish which looks, well, pretty damn delish.
- “Each layer transports you to a different tropical oasis.” That’s the promise from the recipe before you even get started, which is pretty promising. We can’t actually go on an exotic vacation right now, so we can at least pretend via alcohol, right?
- Before you get started, you’ll want to get your ingredients together. To make your own triple layer piña colada, you’ll need rum (duh!), chopped pineapple, agave syrup, coconut cream, lime juice, ice, strawberries, peach, and toasted coconut for garnish. Considering how many flavor variations you’re getting here, that’s a pretty short list!
- You’re basically making the same recipe three times with variations. You’ll mix 1/3 of the rum, pineapple, agave nectar, coconut cream, lime juice, and ice together to make your basic pina colada. From there, you’ll do that same recipe two more times, once with the strawberries added and once with the peach added.
- All there is left to do is layer your drinks! What order you put them in your glass is up to you – this is your triple layer piña colada, so follow your bliss! When you’re finished, you’ll have a layer of original piña colada, a layer of strawberry piña colada, and a layer of peach piña colada, and oh man, I want one right now.
- The recipe makes three servings, so there’s enough to share with friends! Or, if you’re self-isolating alone or simply don’t want to share, there’s enough for you to drink three glasses all by your lonesome. Don’t worry, I won’t tell. You can find the full recipe over at Delish HERE.