A now-viral video on Facebook which claims to have the “ultimate spaghetti trick!!” claims that “real Italians” mix their pasta on the kitchen counter. The clip, made by couple Josh and Lisa, has been shared and viewed more than 25 million times, is drawing mixed opinions from people who can’t figure out why on earth this is a thing (even if only to these two) and if they’re serious or what.
- This is apparently how you cook for a group. In the video, she pours a whole jar of Prego (you know, as the “real Italians” would use) all over the kitchen counter. Keep in mind there’s absolutely nothing underneath the sauce – no plates, aluminum foil, nothing. Here’s hoping they got a good scrub down before she tried this insanity. Lisa is a wild one for this one, guys.
- Everything just gets sorta… dumped. We’re talking parmesan cheese, meatballs, and the spaghetti noodles themselves right on top of the sauce. Lisa then grabs some tongs to give it all a good mix and voila, dinner is apparently ready to be served.
- She hasn’t forgotten the accouterments. You’re not just getting spaghetti and meatballs here – Lisa also throws some cut up rolls and some lettuce on the side for good measure. After all, it’s always nice to have a little salad with your pasta, right?
- This may be “family style” but it’s also so wrong. A lot of Facebook users pointed out how “gross” this whole thing is and one person in particular said they were feeling stressed and would “never serve this” to anyone they knew. I don’t blame them!
- I’m hoping this is a major joke. The person taking the video seems slightly skeptical throughout which makes me think this was all for the LOLs.