When I think of Smuckers’ Uncrustables, I think about peanut butter and jelly. Back in the day (we’re talking about 18 years ago) when I was a freshman in college, my best friend and I used to buy boxes and boxes of these at Target to keep us fed with minimal effort. Now they’re branching out with new savory Uncrustables in Taco and BBQ Chicken flavors and I’m about to take a serious trip back to the past.
- Smuckers thought it was time for a change. During a presentation at the Consumer Analyst Group of New York Conference on Feb. 19, Mark T. Smucker, president and chief executive officer shared his vision for the expansion of the Uncrustables line. “We are excited to expand the Uncrustables brand by offering more lunch and snack options to the platform,” he said. “The launch includes a line of thaw-and-eat roll-ups, including varieties of meat and cheese and a line of heat-and-eat bites featuring barbecue chicken and taco varieties.”
- Taco Uncrustables sound like my idea of heaven. Same for the BBQ Chicken bites, to be fair. Sometimes you just want something salty and crispy and full of flavor (and salt, tbh) but you don’t want to have to go crazy with cooking and spend hours in the kitchen. Uncrustables is trying to make sure we don’t have to and I’m all for it.
- The roll-ups sound delicious too! In addition to the BBQ Chicken and Taco flavored Bites, Instagrammer @foodiewiththebeasts spotted two flavors of Uncrustables roll-ups: Ham & Cheddar and Turkey & Colby Jack. Oh man, now I really don’t know what to eat first.
- So what are the specifics? The Taco Bites are made up of a breaded shell filled with crumbled beef, cheese, salsa, and taco seasoning while the BBQ Chicken Bites are exactly what they sound like: white meat chicken and BBQ sauce. The Turkey & Colby-Jack Roll-Ups have a flatbread outer with smoked turkey breast, Colby Monterey jack cheese, Neufchatel cheese, and seasoning. Finally, the Uncured Ham & Cheddar Roll-Ups are also made up of flatbrad, uncured ham, cheddar cheese, and Neufchatel cheese. If you’re unsure of what Neufchatel cheese is all about, it’s basically cream cheese. The Bites will need to be heated whereas the Roll-Ups can just be defrosted before you dig in. Simple enough, right?
- They’ve just started hitting freezer aisles, so keep your eyes peeled! You never know when you might find the new Uncrustables flavors at your local supermarket. And trust me, you’ll want to pick them up when you do.