One of the best things about the Harry Potter universe was definitely the food. Yes, all the magic was cool and all, but I couldn’t help but think of how delicious the dishes featured in the books and movies sound. From Fizzing Whizbees and butter beer to the feasts held in the Great Hall, I wanted it all, and now I can recreate it myself with the Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook.
- The book contains more than 150 recipes. That’s impressive! What’s even better is that all of those recipes are pulled straight from the Harry Potter books with the explicit aim of helping you bring the wizarding series to life. Whether you’re throwing a HP-themed party or you simply want to taste some of the delectable dishes you read about, this cookbook will help you do it.
- So what can you make, then? I mean, I could list all of the 150 recipes here because they all sound delicious, but there are some definite highlights like pumpkin pasties, Kreacher’s French onion soup, treacle tart (Harry’s favorite!), Mrs. Weasley’s infamous meat pies, pumpkin juice, and so much more. Getting hungry yet?
- You don’t have to be a wizard in the kitchen. If you’re hesitant to get this book because you don’t consider yourself much of a chef, don’t be discouraged! If you can read, you can cook—the recipes included here are explained in detail and are accessible enough to suit cooks of all abilities. Give it a try!
- This would be a great gift for the Harry Potter lover in your life. While a cookbook might not seem like a particularly romantic Valentine’s Day gift, for a Harry Potter lover, I think it could be. But if you’re not in a relationship or simply prefer not to celebrate the commercialized love holiday, it’d also be great for birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas, or even “just because.” Just don’t forget to get yourself a copy.
- The reviews are overwhelmingly positive. Of more than 4,000 reviews on Amazon, the average rating stands at 4.5. Pretty much everyone agrees that the recipes are incredibly easy to follow and better yet, the resulting food is delicious. What more could you ask for?