It feels like winter has lasted forever but finally warmer days are ahead of us. You know what that means: time to spend all day outdoors in the sun, getting tan, hanging out with friends and sipping on some delicious cocktails. If you’re ready for summer as much as I am, you’ll go crazy for watermelon, vodka, and Prosecco slushies. They sound SO GOOD.
- It combines three equally yummy ingredients for the ultimate summery drink. Watermelon and vodka would be tasty enough, but adding in Prosecco for a bubbly twist? Uh, YES PLEASE. It’s a deliciously fruity way to get kinda wasted this summer and I’m here for it.
- It keeps you cool as well as getting you drunk. Because it’s blended with ice, this watermelon slushie is perfect for days when the heat feels unbearable. The fact that it has not one but two varieties of alcohol in it only makes it even better because you’ll stay cool AND get buzzed.
- Making an alcoholic watermelon slushie couldn’t be easier. All you need to do is get some fresh watermelon and blend it in a food processor so that you have about 8 oz. of fruit puree. Throw in some vodka and prosecco — no measurements needed because I’m not the boss of you and I want you to live your best life — and mix to drink.
- You can try a different fruit for some delicious variations. If watermelon isn’t your thing, you can still make boozy slushies with other fruit. What about some frozen berries? Papaya and/or mango? If you can puree it, you can make a yummy summery drink from it, so use your creativity and make the kind of drink you like.
- I’m pretty sure watermelon, vodka, and prosecco slushies are the future. And if they’re not, they really should be. I don’t think I’ll be drinking anything else this summer.