Life can be hard for a girl who loves with her whole heart. Sure, the happiness you feel when you’re in a great relationship can be better than anything you’ve ever felt before but on the other side of that extreme feeling, you can experience more pain and heartbreak than you ever thought imaginable. It’s definitely intense, to say the least, but I still would rather feel everything than nothing at all. Here’s why.
- You’re more open to love. When you wear your heart on your sleeve, you’re naturally going to be more open to finding love and falling in love. When you’re emotionally unavailable or constantly closed off to love, you could miss a chance or multiple chances to meet great people and potentially have really great relationships. It’s okay to protect yourself and it can even be good to keep your guard up at first, but if you ever want a shot at real love, you have to be open to finding it.
- You have an optimistic outlook on romance. When you wear your heart on your sleeve, you generally have a more optimistic and positive opinion on the idea of love and relationships. Even if you’ve had your heart broken before or had a string of unsuccessful relationships, you have faith that your person is still out there and you’ll find them one day. When you’re emotionally unavailable in love, you tend to have a more pessimistic attitude towards romance and don’t really want to risk putting yourself out there again even if that means you stay single.
- Your standards for love stay high. Being open to finding love means that you still believe that there are amazing people out there for you to find. When you believe in the possibility of love, you’ll be more likely to keep your standards for love high. If you truly believe that there’s someone out there for everyone, you won’t be afraid to wait for the person who checks all of the boxes for you and fits into your idea of the perfect partner.
- You love with your whole heart. Even though dating and falling in love can be a tumultuous experience, when you wear your heart on your sleeve, you’re willing to take the risk of getting hurt and you put your whole heart and self into the love you give. Sure, you might be making yourself more vulnerable to heartbreak but when you do find love, you give it everything you have and get to experience that incredible feeling.
- You’re more affected by romance and love in general. When you wear your heart on your sleeve, you’re more likely to be a hopeless romantic. So, even if you happen to be single, the idea of love and seeing it around you can be a totally magical experience. It might seem corny from time to time, but seeing other people find love and happiness can be so inspiring and solidify your belief that you’ll find your love one day too. If you’re closed off to even the idea of love, you could miss all of that.
- You won’t be so quick to become jaded. When someone is emotionally unavailable, they tend to become jaded to love. They develop a very bitter outlook on love because they always associate love with pain or any negative experiences they’ve had in the past. When you’re open to love, you won’t let one break up or a few failed relationships make you lose your faith in love.
- You’ll be more open to the lessons relationships give you. Even when love fails, we can always try to take something away from it, a lesson or piece of knowledge that we can carry forward and use to make us better people. When you’re open and willing to accept love, you’ll have more openness to carrying those lessons with you versus if you’re emotionally closed off which might make you resistant to take anything away from a failed relationship.
- You have a better chance of finding your person. Many people who have been hurt a lot in their lives close themselves off to love because they think that it’s easier and safer than being open to it. The thing is, if you’re completely closed off to love, how are you ever going to find the love of your life? True, putting yourself out there after you’ve had your heart broken is scary but, you never know who the universe has in store for you if you don’t at least try.
- You won’t be waiting for your relationships to end. If you’re emotionally closed off to love and somehow find yourself in a relationship with someone, you might be so used to failed romance that you’ll be expecting something bad to happen or you’ll be waiting for an inevitable breakup. If you have this kind of pessimistic outlook on relationships, you’re bound to miss all of the great things it has to offer. Not every relationship is doomed from the beginning. When you’re open and hypersensitive to love, you’re able to forget about the fear of losing the love that you have and just enjoy all of the goodness that it has to offer.