You have so many amazing qualities that make you a catch, but does it ever feel like guys just aren’t noticing them? Or, when they do, it’s like the things they like about you are the very things you fail to highlight or maybe even actively dislike about yourself. We can’t pretend to understand what goes on in their heads all the time, but here are five weird traits you likely have that make a guy want to pursue you even if you don’t find them attractive at all.
- You know what you want in life. No one wants to date someone who has no direction and is sort of mindlessly meandering through life with no idea what they’re doing. It’s no surprise, then, that having drive and ambition and a clear 5- or even 10-year plan of how you want your life to go would make a guy want to pursue you. You know that time is precious and you don’t plan on wasting any of it, and that’s hot.
- You put yourself first. You’re not selfish by any stretch of the imagination, but you also know and believe that you can’t pour from an empty cup. If you’re too exhausted, emotionally drained, etc. then you can’t be there and offer your love and support to those you care about. This is why you prioritize self-care and make sure that every decision you make is in your own best interest. Guys like that – and more importantly, they respect it. That takes balls!
- You’re really not interested in a relationship. This is a strange one but it’s totally true. Nothing makes a guy want to pursue you more than you not wanting him or anyone else, for that matter. It’s not that you’re anti-love and relationships, it’s just not a priority for you. And why would it be? You have so much going on in other areas of your life, you’re not really worried about who you’re dating or not dating. For guys, this is not only sexy, it’s a challenge, which they love. Can they win you over? That all depends if he’s up to the task.
- You don’t put up with crap. While there are plenty of manipulators and abusers out there, most guys don’t want to be with someone who’s a pushover. They certainly don’t have to worry about that with you because you don’t put up with anyone’s BS, especially not from a guy you’re dating. If something bothers you or strikes you as inappropriate, you have no problem calling it out. You’re not needlessly confrontational, but you also have boundaries and self-respect, which means you won’t let anyone walk all over you. Guys really love women with this quality.
- You don’t jump in head-first. Even when you do find a guy you like and decide to open up and let him in a bit, you take a more measured approach to love. You don’t dive in head-first and hand over your heart immediately. You actually take your time to get to know him to see how well you gel, how well he’d fit into your life, and whether or not he’s worth your time and energy. There’s no chance of scaring him off because if anything, you’re the one holding back a little. This is not only good for self-protection but also for your level of attractiveness.