I’m writing this with a smile on my face because it’s really wholesome to think about the joy of first love. When you start feeling those butterflies in your stomach when thinking about your special person, that’s wonderful. Hang on to that feeling and cherish it. When your favorite guy texts you every day, there’s no better feeling. However, there are lots of nuances in the gesture too – stay tuned for more.
- He’s committed to you. A regular reader of my articles will know that there’s nothing more important to a relationship than communication and commitment. You don’t have to have all the answers straight away from the off, but this is a great sign. It shows that he knows what he wants and isn’t afraid to go for it. Okay, he might not know why people like to receive these texts, but nonetheless, he appreciates that this is important to you. He values your time and your needs. If this guy texts you every day, this is clearly the truth.
- He cares about you. It’s as simple as that. As soon as you realize that not all men want to play games with you, it’s over. It makes all the difference when someone truly cares about you because it means that you can start to see yourself through their eyes. You will treat yourself better and value your own time more when you feel loved. Sometimes it just takes a little push. As I said, it’s simple and uncluttered and will never make you doubt yourself.
- He wants to get to know you. This is a subtle and gentle sign that he’s keen to get to know you more. He doesn’t want to pile on the pressure, but he wants you to know that he’s there. He will give you time and be patient with you, but he has started to stake his claim. He’s committed to you and he will never run out of things to say to you. Questions to ask you. Your personality is perfect for him, and if it isn’t, if he’s still texting you. He wants to make it work. This guy cares about you and wants to go about it the right way.
- He wants to meet your needs. This guy isn’t afraid to ask basic questions. He’s emotionally available and isn’t too prideful to say that he’s in it for the long haul. More than that, he won’t misread your personality and surprise you with a huge public gesture. He really knows you. He knows that you just want the peanut butter replaced and to rewatch Gilmore Girls on Friday nights. Truly, he is at peace with himself and knows his own flaws and how to work on them. This guy wants to grow and learn with you. He trusts you.
- He thinks of you all the time. You know when you sit around all day wondering what your crush is doing or thinking about? Well, the short and long answer here is You. He’s thinking about you all the time. If he’s texting you every day and always checking in to ask how you are or to figure out where he stands, that’s a great sign. It means he’s interested but also wants to give you space. No one wants to be overwhelmed, and he knows that.
- You share a sense of humor. All that time that you spend sending each other memes means that you soon start to rub off on each other. Sex is great and all, but the best parts of a relationship occur when you’re giggling with each other on the back end of an old FRIENDS rerun poking each other when you finally debut your ugly snort-laugh, or a fart, or both. All this to say, that the moments of true intimacy come when you let your guard down and let each other in. The text is the first step to this, easing your way into familiarity.
- He’s keen. He’s eager to get to know you and he’s attracted to you. This means that he wants to make this relationship work and sometimes that is the simple gesture that you need to take that first step. It makes you feel safe, and like you aren’t worried about all the ‘rules’ of a relationship; the dos and don’ts of texts aren’t important here.
- He wants to know how you feel about him. There gets a point where texting isn’t enough. Your crush will want to step things up a gear in order to progress with the relationship. To see where things go. Take that leap. Be honest.
Basically, it’s great news when a guy is texting you every day. It means you’re on his mind, and he’s also giving you space to figure your emotions out. Hear what he has to say – chances are he hasn’t asked you out yet because he’s giving you time.