When you meet someone whose bones you’d like to jump, the feeling is overwhelming. It’s not something you can describe—it’s something that just happens to you that there are no words for. So what does sexual attraction actually feel like? If for some reason you’re not sure if what you’re experiencing with the new person you’re dating is lust, keep an eye out for these signs. If you experience these things, it’s about to get very hot.
- Your heart feels like it’s beating out of its chest. When you feel sexual attraction to someone, your heartrate speeds up and you feel like your heart is going to beat right out of its chest. You might feel a bit breathless, like you’ve just run a marathon even though you’re only sitting across from someone really attractive.
- Your stomach does somersaults when you think of them. If the mere thought of someone makes you feel giddy inside and almost sick to your stomach, that’s sexual attraction. You know you’ve got it bad for someone when your stomach is in knots if someone so much as mentions their name.
- You start to sweat a bit. You’re out to dinner with them and out of nowhere, your palms get super sweaty. You feel hot and bothered and you’re pretty sure if you were to look in the mirror, you know you’d be bright red. It’s just something they do to you and you can’t explain it.
- You can’t stop smiling or giggling around them. They’re not even saying anything particularly funny, but everything that comes out of their mouth puts a smile on your face. You feel like whenever you’re around them, this sense of peace and total happiness descends on you. That’s not only a good sign for a potential relationship, it means you have serious chemistry.
- Your eyes are pretty much glued to them. They’re hot, yes, but you’re so into them that whenever you’re together, you can’t take your eyes away from them. You feel like if you look away, you’ll just… die. Whew, can someone open a window?
- Your entire conversation feels flirty and a bit awkward. I don’t mean awkward in an uncomfortable way, more in just a flirty way. It’s like whenever you chat to each other, there’s always some kind of subtext, stuff that isn’t being said. I’m sure you’ll find ways to express that to each other… in the bedroom.
- You notice your body is always leaning in towards theirs. Body language is a bid indicator of how you feel about someone. If you feel yourself naturally leaning in towards them whenever you’re together, that’s because you want to get closer to them. You’re drawn together like two magnets, and that’s a very good sign.
- You find yourself finding excuses to touch them. When they say something funny, you find yourself reaching out to touch their arm or their knee. When they make you laugh, you throw your head back and often rest it on their shoulder. Any chance you have to touch them, you’ll take. That’s sexual attraction in action.