There are two key bits of disappointing info about the Starbucks secret menu. The first is that it’s not a secret. The internet has been going crazy about it for a good five years, and it even has its own website. The second is that it’s actually not a menu. It’s an unofficial list of drinks that customers have invented over the years using Starbucks ingredients. You’ll need to know the recipe for the drink you want so that your barista can make it for you. Those two myths aside, you can believe the hype: the Starbucks secret menu has some delicious drinks that suit every occasion and craving. Here are a few of the best options and how to order them.
- Pink purple drink Ómbre was all the rage as a hairstyle a few years ago, so it was inevitable that the aesthetically pleasing color trend would transition into food and beverages. This drink is a glorious pink melting into a gorgeous lavender color and it’s one of the most popular offerings on the Starbucks secret menu. It’s fruity and icy, making it perfect for the summer months ahead. Ask for: one part Pink Drink (Strawberry Acai Refresher with coconut milk) and one part Purple Drink (Passion Iced Tea with soy milk, vanilla syrup, and blackberries). The result is both delicious and highly Instagrammable.
- Mermaid Frappuccino Sticking with the colorful theme, the Mermaid Frappuccino takes things to the next level. A punchy contrast between purple and green and topped with a pile of whipped cream, this drink is more like a colorful dessert in a cup than a fruity summer refresher. Ask for: a Vanilla Bean Frappuccino with freeze-dried whole blackberries, line the cup with green mixed drizzle, top with whipped cream and matcha powder. The green drizzle is comprised of eight pumps of white mocha sauce, three pumps of toasted coconut syrup, and three heaping scoops of matcha. Your barista will need a large tip for this one. And possibly a nap.
- Raspberry Cheesecake Frappuccino If you want a dessert in a cup without sending your barista over the edge, try the Raspberry Cheesecake Frappuccino. All you have to ask for is a White Chocolate Mocha Frappuccino with two pumps of raspberry syrup and whipped cream. It’s that easy. You’ll get all the deliciousness you’re after in half the time. This is one of the most desserty drinks on the Starbucks secret menu and one of the tastiest.
- Cinnamon Roll Cold Brew Just the name of this drink is mouth-watering and it’s definitely one of the highlights of the Starbucks secret menu. A combination of cinnamon rolls and coffee is almost too good to be true, but thanks to some enterprising Starbucks fans, it’s available to order. Ask for: a Cold Brew with four pumps of white mocha topped with sweet cream and two pumps of cinnamon dolce in the foam. Cinnamon lovers will swoon at the first sip.
- Luna Lovegood Refresher A Starbucks/Harry Potter crossover may seem like an unlikely pairing, but some of the best secret menu drinks are based on Potter fandom. Take, for example, the Luna Lovegood Refresher. This flamboyantly pink drink does the lovably eccentric witch justice and tastes just as bewitching as it looks. Ask for: a Mango Dragonfruit Lemonade with a light kiwi base and strawberry puree. Finish it with vanilla sweet cream cold foam blended with more strawberry puree. The result is refreshing and decadent.
- Draco Malfoy Refresher If you’re more of a Slytherin person, the secret menu has you covered. This drink is, of course, green to match the Hogwarts House. Ask for: a Star Drink with two pumps of pineapple syrup, topped with cold foam made with coconut milk and one scoop of matcha powder. Tropical vibes and Harry Potter’s nemesis? A surprisingly stellar combo.
More highlights from the Starbucks secret menu
- Butterbeer Frappuccino Creating a version of the Hogsmead drink was such low-hanging fruit for the Starbucks secret menu that it’s remarkable it took so long to appear. For those who have been fantasizing about this magical brew from the moment Harry sneaked his first taste in The Prisoner of Azkaban, now is your chance to try it. Ask for: a Creme Frappuccino base (make sure you go for full-fat milk to get the perfect silky texture) with caramel lining. Add three pumps of caramel syrup, three pumps of toffee nut syrup, and a caramel drizzle topping. Just like that, you’ll be transported to the Three Broomsticks, no apparition necessary.
- Biscotti Frappuccino Taking things to a whole new level of literal-ness, the Biscotti Frappuccino is exactly what it sounds like: a crunch biscotti cookie in a frappuccino. Ask for: your favorite frappuccino (caramel, mocha, or just straight coffee) blended with a biscotti cookie. If you want to be even more low-maintenance, you can crumble the cookie yourself. The result is like coffee ice cream with a cookie crunch. If you go to a Starbucks that doesn’t have all the bells and whistles of drizzles and toppings, this is an easily achievable, readily-available, and yummy option.
- Squid Game Frappuccino Few shows have taken the world by storm as wholly as last year’s Squid Game. And while the first season dropped months ago, there’s a drink on the Starbucks secret menu to get you fired up about season 2. In homage to the show’s vibrant visual aesthetic, the Squid Game Frappuccino is (what else?) pink to match the prison guards’ uniforms. Ask for: a grande Strawberry Creme Frappuccino with a scoop of dragonfruit inclusion, two pumps of white mocha, and a mocha drizzle. This is a suitably extra drink for last year’s most extra show.
- Hocus Pocus Latte Fall may be months away, but as everyone’s favorite season, it’s worth celebrating year-round. Lovers of coffee and fall are familiar with the Pumpkin Spice Latte, a phenomenon so pervasive it’s become its own culture war. Now, there’s another drink to export your taste buds to the cozy months. The Hocus Pocus Latte offers the perfect twist to the classic fall latte when Pumpkin Spice just isn’t autumnal enough. Ask for: an iced Pumpkin Spice Latte with two pumps of white mocha sauce and two pumps of apple brown sugar syrup. Finish it with extra caramel drizzle and cinnamon dolce topping.
- Honey Bee Cold Brew Starbucks recently added a new honey blend to their extensive menu of flavor additions and it didn’t take long before the Honey Bee Cold Brew landed. Light, sweet, and summery, it’s the perfect drink for the warmer months when you need your coffee fix and want something a little lighter than a frappuccino. It’s also a great option for anyone who wants a smooth, decadent alternative to dairy milk drinks. Ask for: a Honey Almondmilk Cold Brew with light ice and two pumps of Vanilla Syrup, topped with Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Foam, Honey drizzle, and Toasted Honey Topping.
- Betty White Frappuccino There are a lot of reasons to look back bitterly at 2021, but one of the main ones was the death of the world’s classiest, funniest, most lovable Hollywood grandma, Betty White. The star would have turned 100 this year, and in recognition of her unparalleled career and overall greatness, an item was added to the Starbucks secret menu. Ask for: a White Mocha Frappuccino with one pump of vanilla syrup and one pump of hazelnut syrup with a caramel crunch topping. A drink fit for a Golden Girl. Thanks, Starbucks secret menu!