Chris Evans has been named PEOPLE magazine’s Sexiest Man Alive for 2022, and there are no shortage of people who would agree with that honor. The eponymous “Captain America” actor has been a hot commodity for years, and many fans have wondered if he’s coupled up and if so, who the lucky lady in his life might be. So, who is Chris Evans dating? We’ve got the scoop.
Does Chris Evans have a secret girlfriend?
It was recently revealed that Evans has been in a relationship for nearly a year now. The 41-year-old is notoriously low-key, so it’s no surprise that he’s kept his girlfriend, 25-year-old Portuguese actress Alba Baptista, quiet as well.
Evans and Baptista are said to be “very in love,” according to Entertainment Tonight. A source close to the pair added that the relationship is “serious” and that “Chris has never been happier. His family and friends all adore Alba.”
Neither Evans nor Baptista have commented publicly on the reports.
Who has he dated in the past?
Chris Evans has a pretty lengthy dating history with some of the biggest stars in Hollywood. Here’s a rundown of some of the big names he’s been linked to in the past.
- Jenny Slate Chris Evans began dating Jenny Slate after they met on the set of their 2016 movie “Gifted.” However, they were only together for about nine months before they split due to conflicting schedules. They gave it another go for a short period in 2017, but by March 2018, it was over for good, per Page Six.
- Minka Kelly Evans and Kelly gave their relationship a good go, dating on and off over the years. Unfortunately, they couldn’t seem to make it work. They were first seen together in 2007, then again in 2012, and one last time in 2015, per PEOPLE. It seems they were completely drawn to each other but it wasn’t meant to be.
- Lily Collins Collins was romantically linked to Evans in 2015 after E! News spotted them at a “flirty” dinner together in Los Angeles. While they were never seen together again, so it’s very likely this was just a friendly thing rather than a romantic one.
- Sandra Bullock It’s unclear whether Chris Evans and Sandra Bullock were actually dating in 2014, but the rumors were flying of a love affair between the two. At the time, Bullock took it all in stride, joking to Entertainment Tonight (via Us Weekly): “We’ve since married but it started breaking us apart so we separated.” In 2017, Evans did admit to having a little crush on Bullock, but who knows what really happened between them?
- Ashley Greene All the way back in 2011, Evans was cozying up to “Twilight” actress Greene at a party in Hollywood. “Ashley was all over [Chris], and he certainly didn’t mind,” a source told E! News. “They were dancing together very closely. It looked like they had a lot of sexual chemistry.” However, given that Greene had only recently ended her relationship with Joe Jonas, this was likely a rebound at best.
- Dianna Agron Earlier in 2011, Evans was seen with the “Glee” actress at a pre-Oscar party in which they seemed to be “flirting and in deep conversation” before deciding to get in touch later, according to Page Six. It doesn’t seem to have come to anything, however. They were never seen together again.
- Kristin Cavallari A source claimed back in 2018 that Evans and Cavallari “definitely hooked up” back in 2018, per Page Six. However, Cavallari denied that there was anything romantic going on. In fact, she insisted to Us Weekly that they’d been “just friends” for a while at that point.
- Christina Ricci Chris Evans was said to be dating Ricci after meeting on the red carpet at the 2007 Met Gala. However, they never confirmed or denied the rumors, nor were they ever seen together again. Seems like there was smoke but no fire on this one.
- Emmy Rossum There was definitely a bit of romance going on here. The pair were spotted kissing at a bar in LA back in 2007. However, reps for both of the actors told E! News they were “just friends.” Seems like whatever was going on between them didn’t last long, nor was it very serious.
- Jessica Biel Thought to be Evans’ first long-term relationship in the public eye, he and Biel got together in 2001. They starred in two movies together in which their characters were paired up, which is extra cute. However, they ultimately broke up and went their separate ways.
- Kate Bosworth In the early 2000s, Evans and Bosworth reportedly developed a crush on each other while working on “The Newcomers” together. However, Us Weekly said things ended as quickly as they began.