When it comes to Selena Gomez‘s dating history, the Only Murders in the Building star is best known for her years-long relationship with Justin Bieber. The stars were together on and off for about eight years, starting when they were only teenagers. However, given that they broke up for the final time in 2018, it’s left many fans desperate to know if there’s a new romantic interest in her life. So, who is Selena Gomez dating?
Is Selena Gomez dating someone at the moment?
It doesn’t seem so. In fact, she’s pretty happy being on her own right now. Earlier this year, a source told Entertainment Tonight that love isn’t really something Selena is focusing on right now. “Selena isn’t dating anyone specific at this time,” the source said. “She is more open to love, but she is also very much focused on herself and her work right now. She’s in a very healthy place. She is feeling fantastic and very mentally, physically, and emotionally healthy.”
They added that when she does eventually get in a relationship, she won’t get involved with just anyone. In fact, they’ll have to be pretty special to be worthy of her time. “When she is ready for a true partner, she wants someone who is trustworthy, respectful, honest — with themselves and to others, real, supportive, accepting, nice, thoughtful, funny and someone that’s not in it for the fame or attention,” the source said.
Who has Selena Gomez been romantically linked to?
- Tyga TMZ reported in August 2022 that Selena Gomez and Tyga were spotted “hanging out” in Los Angeles, which is usually code for a romantic relationship. However, a source later denied any such thing, saying that they hadn’t come together but instead went to see different people and ended up hanging out together as a group.
- Andrea Iervolino Rumors that Selena Gomez and film producer Iervolino were romantically involved cropped up when photos were taken of them looking pretty cozy while she was on vacation in Italy. However, Us Weekly debunked that theory, with a source telling the publication that they’re “just friends” and that Gomez is “keeping her options open.”
- The Weeknd Gomez’s last public relationship was with The Weeknd, with the pair dating from January 2017 and October of the same year. However, their romance came to a pretty swift ending, and not long after they broke up, The Weeknd got back together with his ex, Bella Hadid.
- Charlie Puth If you didn’t know Charlie Puth and Selena Gomez were dating back in 2016, you’re not alone. While the media tried to out their relationship, both stars vehemently denied it for years, until Puth finally admitted to Billboard that their connection was “very small, but very impactful. And it really messed me up. I’m trying to put this the best way possible: It wasn’t like I was the only person on her mind. And I think I knew that going in—what I was getting myself into.”
- Taylor Lautner This romance was so short-lived that it actually wasn’t a thing at all. The pair met while filming separate projects in the same place, but when the public figured out what was going on with them, it immediately put the kibosh on their connection. “Kristen [Stewart] was staying in my hotel. He would visit her, so we were constantly running into each other in the lobby—and we ended up meeting. We would go out to lunch and dinner, but I knew he had paparazzi following him and I had paparazzi following me. So we literally just wanted to hang out, go bowling and stuff, and it went a little too far, I think. People were getting a little crazy about us,” Gomez told Seventeen of the situation. What a shame!
- Nick Jonas Selena Gomez and Nick Jonas dated very briefly back in 2008, and while their relationship didn’t last very long at all, she did manage to star in the Jonas Brothers’ “Burnin’ Up” video before they ended things. Every cloud has a silver lining!