Cheating is never acceptable, and when you’re the one wronged, you can’t help but wonder why it happened. It’s totally normal to question whether you’re good enough, or whether you did anything wrong to spark the affair in the first place. From what I’ve noticed, men and women have a tendency of cheating for different reasons. Here are the most common reasons that girls cheat, and what may have sparked the infidelity in your relationship.
- Her emotional needs aren’t being met. Emotional affairs are much more common with women than men, and that’s a statistically proven fact. When a woman cheats, it’s not usually with some random fling. They’re doing it because their main squeeze is no longer cutting it in terms of emotional fulfillment. When a guy no longer shows affection, she’ll want to stray.
- She’s insecure about herself. Both men and women cheat because it validates their ability to attract the opposite sex. When you’ve been with the same person for years, you might wonder if you still got that groove. Sadly, some jerks think that cheating is a good way to test it.
- It’s a matter of revenge for some. Women are more likely to engage in “revenge sex” than men are. When a woman gets cheated on, she’s hurt as hell. If she takes a guy back, it’s very likely that she’ll want to give him a taste of his own medicine. While it makes sense, it’s not necessarily the right thing to do — breaking it off would be.
- She wants out. Some women will cheat knowing full well that it will lead to a breakup. When a girl’s totally checked out of the relationship and doesn’t have the guts to call it off herself, she might cheat.
- She feels like she never sees you anymore. If she never sees you because you’re constantly working late or out with the guys, she’ll likely have an urge to stray. Loneliness can get the better of even the most loyal women.
- You bore her. Affairs are exciting. That’s why they’re so taboo, and that’s why so many romance novels are filled with saucy infidelity-filled sex scenes. A lot of women just crave the rush that comes with risking being caught. They like the fantasy that comes with cheating. Unfortunately, you can’t always prevent this kind of infidelity from happening, simply because it’s all about her fantasies.
- She’s actually more compatible with the person she cheated with than she is with you. This often happens with workplace affairs. The woman you’re seeing is with her work buddies all day, and something just clicks because they work well as a team, make each other laugh, and actually have a good spark. It’s tough, it’s rare, but it does happen. Sometimes, she might end up leaving you for a better guy.
- She feels like she can’t actually talk to you about anything. From what I’ve seen, the second biggest indicator that a girl is about to cheat is that she no longer feels like she can confront problems with you. When a woman no longer feels like she can connect with you, reach out to you, or even be in the same room with you, cheating is probably what will happen. If you want to prevent her from leaving, then the best way to prevent cheating is to be open with her and make her feel like she can discuss anything.
If you haven’t noticed, the reasons I discussed deal more with emotional needs than physical needs. Simply put, this is what most women think about when they do cheat. That’s not to say that women won’t cheat over a need for physical passion, though. It’s just a little bit less common.