The problem with texting is that tone and intention can get lost in those few words on our screen. But what happens when we don’t even get that? Here are 9 things that could be happening if the guy you’re interested in suddenly stops replying to your messages.
- He doesn’t see a future with you. Initial attraction does a lot to get us onto someone’s radar, but the ability to connect on a deeper level keeps us there. Instead of being upset that a guy ghosted you, be grateful. Far too many guys know they don’t see a future with a woman and instead choose to keep her around for a little fun in the meantime.
- He found someone new and exciting to chase. Men love to hunt. The only problem is that once they succeed, that desire doesn’t go away. Good men find ways to channel that energy into something positive; weak men give into it and cheat. If a guy that texted you several times a day suddenly goes quiet, chances are that he’s found someone else to pour his affection on.
- He’s dating multiple people, and he’s losing interest in you. Dating several people at the same time is a beautiful thing because it saves you time and heartache by allowing you to compare several partners side by side. If your guy suddenly goes quiet, it could mean that someone else is pulling his attention. If you like him, fight for him and get his attention back. The days of one man pursuing one woman at a time are gone. Don’t let a good guy slip through your fingers by not being willing to work a little hard to get what you want.
- He only wanted to sleep with you but you wouldn’t put out. It sounds disgusting, but some men will go all-out for women temporarily to get them to sleep with them. These men pretend they want something more to get your guard down but they leave once they get what they want. If he was sending you sexy texts and you didn’t put out, chances are he’s looking elsewhere for his fix. Oh, and by the way, if you want something serious, do yourself a favor and keep your texts light and flirty. You don’t want to give off the wrong signs.
- Things are getting serious and he’s scared. Unfortunately, the stereotype of some men having Peter Pan syndrome is true. I had a boyfriend who loved spending time with me but whenever I’d wanted to talk about the future or make plans for months down the road, he’d clam up. You deserve to be with someone who wants the same things you do. Don’t cave when he inevitably comes back around looking for more fun times without commitment.
- You were the rebound. Here’s some unpopular advice: rebounds don’t help you get over your ex. All they do is help you mask your pain while you hurt someone innocent in the process. I had a friend that was talking to this guy for a good three months. He told her all about his heartache and she nursed his confidence back. Then he ghosted her out of nowhere. The following week, she saw him with a new girl. When she asked him what happened, he gave a lame excuse about not wanting to get into something serious soon after his last relationship. Don’t waste tears over a guy that was using you. Learn your lesson and move on.
- He recently reconnected with an ex. I’m the type of girlfriend that doesn’t want her guy even being friends with an ex. In my experience, there are often lingering feelings, and if by some miracle there aren’t, then familiarity makes it easy to fall into old habits. If your guy stopped replying to your texts, check out his ex’s social media. Chances are things are back on with those two.
- He’s playing hard to get. Some men have been burned in the past by women who were only with them out of convenience or for material reasons. They often pull back to see if you’ll make a move on them. If your guy suddenly stops replying to your texts, put in a little extra effort. Maybe even call him and ask what’s up. If he’s a guy that’s been burned before, you’ll see him redouble his efforts in your relationship because now he knows you’re as into him as he is into you. Men need reassurance too, ladies!
- He’s dealing with a life crisis. Sometimes there’s a good reason why the guy you’re talking to might be ignoring you. Depending on how long you’ve been together, he may not feel comfortable sharing sensitive information with you yet. Let him know that you’re worried about him. When he responds telling you he’s alright, tell him you’re willing to give him the space he needs, and that you look forward to reconnecting once things calm down. He’ll appreciate that and you two will be able to carry on where you left off.