Looking at other guys when you’re already taken is a lot like window shopping — you can look, but you can’t touch. After all, a quick peek isn’t going to hurt anyone. It reminds you what else is out there and how good you’ve got it with your man. Here are 9 reasons you should totally check that guy out even if you’re in a relationship — just don’t get mad at him when he looks at other women:
- You’re only looking. We look at things we can’t have all the time. Human beings are driven by visuals, and attractive men are a great visual. As long as you aren’t staring and panting and you never take it beyond looking, there’s really no harm in it.
- It feeds your imagination. There’s nothing wrong with wanting some good material in your “archive” for when you’re getting down alone. Yes, your boyfriend is gorgeous and amazing, but sometimes some naughty thoughts about someone else can be just what you need. Besides, you can’t tell me he doesn’t sometimes jerk off to Kate Upton.
- It reminds you that what you’ve got is good. When you see other guys that are attractive but know that what you’ve got at home is better, it reminds you how lucky you are!
- It keeps you hopeful. A lot of relationships end, so it’s nice to know that there are plenty of good looking men out there if anything happens to your current relationship. I’m not saying you should ditch your boyfriend just because you see some hot dude in the mall, but just remember that your man isn’t the only man out there.
- It boosts your self-confidence. If you’re checking out a good-looking dude and he’s returning the favor, you’ll instantly feel more sexy and confident, which is awesome, because…
- Your boyfriend can benefit. Whenever something makes us feel good, or sexy, we usually carry those feelings over to the people we spend our time with. If you were checking out a hot guy that really got you going, your boyfriend is going to reap the rewards and you never need to tell him why you tore his clothes off in the kitchen.
- They do it, too. I’m not a tit-for-tat type of person, but in this particular instance, I think it’s important to highlight that men definitely check out other women, and they’re awful at being sly about it! They don’t feel badly when they do it, so neither should we.
- It’s human nature. Human beings are one of only a few species that are monogamous — and if you look back at human history, monogamy is not a widespread, popular notion. So, basically, it isn’t your fault that you’re happily wifed up but still want Mr. tall, dark and tatted.
- It makes you stronger. Looking and not touching is an awesome test of willpower, and only gets easier as you go along. So go ahead, check that guy out and don’t you dare apologize for it!