If you love wine and traveling to beautiful locations around the world, you’re in luck! There’s a beautiful hotel in Portugal where you can sleep in luxurious accommodations… inside a giant wine barrel… overlooking an operating vineyard. TAKE US THERE IMMEDIATELY!
- Owners Paulo Pereira and Maria do Céu Gonçalves created the accommodation. It’s called Quinta da Pacheca and it features 10 barrels in total, all designed and created by the owners. They’re all on the 140 acre estate, with each barrel measuring about 270 square feet, according to Wine Tourism Portugal.
- Looks can be deceiving. While from the outside, the barrels literally do just look like wood, when you step inside, you see a gorgeous, fully furnished living space complete with private bathroom, a large round bed, and even a skylight so that you can watch the stars at night.
- It’s a unique getaway unlike any other. “Quinta da Pacheca created the wine barrels as a bold architectural project of suites to reinforce the originality of the wine tourism offered at the site,” an estate representative told Metro UK. “In an idyllic and romantic setting, these wine barrel rooms will provide visitors a unique experience of the nature and significance of the Douro wine region.”
- There’s plenty to do there. It’s not just a place to stay, it’s the ultimate wine lover’s destination. You can go on a tour of the winery, do a wine tasting class, or even go to a cooking class to learn how to make some classic Portuguese dishes. How nice does that sound?
- It’s not cheap but it’s still a bargain. You can book a stay in one of Quinta da Pacheca’s wine barrels for about $286 a night. That’s not exactly inexpensive, but given how creative, beautiful, and unique the settings are, it’s totally worth it. Start saving now!