If you’ve used Tinder to look for potential dates, you’ve probably come across some pretty shady characters. Obviously, a lot of people are on there seeking a quick hookup, but there are some who are (or who claim to be) wanting a legitimate connection. Sadly, it seems like the bad experiences outweigh the good ones, especially when you hear about 25-year-old Madison’s run-in with a guy who’s so mind-blowingly delusional, it’s shocking.
- Madison had been talking to the guy on Tinder for about three weeks before they decided to meet up. The chemistry was clearly there, so a real-life date seemed like the next logical step. However, there were already warning signs. “He was supposed to take me to dinner, but changed the plan and decided to just go back to his house and watch a movie,” she told BuzzFeed.
- He wanted to get her drunk as soon as she got there. Madison is in recovery and doesn’t drink alcohol, but the guy kept insisting that she drink with him. Madison was uncomfortable with the situation and decided to call an Uber so she could leave, which pissed the guy off and caused a major argument while she waited for the car to arrive.
- Madison captured part of their argument on video. While she never showed the guy’s face, she did catch his animated yet insane rant about how Madison basically owed him sex because they met on Tinder and that’s what Tinder is all about — finding someone “to f–k.” Not only that, but she basically misled him by refusing to sleep with him!
- Madison told the guy he should be more upfront. If all he wanted was sex, that’s what he should have said on his profile, Madison insisted. However, the guy disagreed, saying, “If you say that, you’re not gonna get any Tinder matchups!” Wow.
- She accused him of perpetuating “toxic masculinity,” which is pretty clear. However, the guy again disagreed, saying it’s not toxic masculinity, “it’s reality.” He then tells Madison to “wake up” and that he’s “trying to help” her so that she doesn’t get in an awkward situation again in the future.
- Thankfully, Madison was able to leave safely. As she told BuzzFeed of the experience: “The worst part [about what he said] was that he didn’t feel like I had the right to say, ‘No.’That I was obligated to have sex with him because I went back to his apartment.” She added: “I’m in recovery, so I’ve gone through a lot of bad stuff that kind of taught me, along with therapy, to stay calm in situations like that. I knew I had a choice, but my worry was that other women in this situation might not feel like they have a choice.”
Ugh, be safe out there, ladies.