Every once in a while, a new hero emerges from the ashes with an idea so simple yet so mind-blowingly ingenious that you can’t help but be humbled and awed. This was certainly the case with Manchester-based lifestyle blogger Clare, who hacked her fridge to dispense wine instead of water.
My adult life just peaked pic.twitter.com/jU70YQL7VE
— Clare (@iliketweet) December 11, 2016
- Clare is a content queen first and foremost. She blogs regularly at thelifelately.com, sharing her experiences as a mom, her excellent interior design sense, and the stuff she loves and keeps around her home. Her blog is a great read, but her wine hack took on a life of its own.
- A fridge wine dispenser? Um, yes please! While there are refrigerators that are hooked up to your kitchen’s main water supply, some come with interior tanks that you need to regularly refill. That’s the kind of fridge Clare had when she suddenly had an amazing idea: who says you have to put wine in it?
- Who doesn’t want wine on tap 24/7? Clare didn’t share what her favorite wine is or even how many bottles (if more than one) actually fits in the fridge dispenser, but she did take a photo of herself filling up her glass, making pretty much everyone ever really jealous.
- To be fair, you’ll need a fair amount of self-control. Having wine on tap whenever you want it could make you way too tempted to want to go and refill your glass every five minutes, which sounds great in theory but could become a bit of an issue if, like me, you really, really love a nice cold glass of wine.
- Unfortunately, not all wines are meant to be chilled. This is an amazing hack for your white wines that do well with a bit of chill to them, but if you’re more of a fan of reds, this unfortunately won’t help you since they’re better at room temps. That being said, summer 2020 is just around the corner (I know it’s not even winter yet, but go with it) and you’ll want a nice cool drink to cool you down when it comes. Wine fridge dispenser, anyone?!