A Florida woman was arrested after she allegedly zipped her boyfriend into a suitcase and left him in there to die. The Orange County Sheriff’s Office arrested Sarah Boone, 42, on charges of second-degree murder after Jorge Torres Jr., 42, suffocated to death at Boone’s Winter Park home. While she claims it was a game of hide and seek gone wrong, police strongly suspect otherwise.
Arrested: Sarah Boone, 42, for Second Degree Murder in the death of 42-year-old Jorge Torres Jr., who died after Boone zipped him into a suitcase, and didn’t return for hours. pic.twitter.com/JCHWG7WNkp
— Orange County Sheriff's Office (@OrangeCoSheriff) February 26, 2020
- Boone claims both she and Torres had been drinking. According to a Sheriff’s report obtained by NBC News, Boone’s story was that the couple were playing hide and seek when Boone decided to zip Torres into the suitcase and then went upstairs with him still inside, where she promptly passed out.
- She says she didn’t realize he was still in the suitcase for a while. Despite the fact that Boone herself is the one who put Torres in the suitcase, she claims she had no idea he was still in there when she woke up and only realized when she awoke to “multiple phone calls,” at which point she called 911.
- She placed his dead body by the front door. Torres was unresponsive when Boone found him, likely because he was already dead. She decided to put the blue suitcase containing his body by the front door of her home, according to WKMG-TV, which is where police found him.
- Her story fell apart pretty immediately. According to police, footage was found on Boone’s phone showing the suitcase moving with Torres screaming for help inside. Boone can be heard responding: “For everything you’ve done to me. F—k you.” He then says he can’t breathe, to which she says, “Yeah, that’s what you do when you choke me … Oh, that’s what I feel like when you cheat on me.”
- She’s been placed in Orange County Jail until she faces trial. Something tells me this will be a pretty quick case.