A former reality star who made more than $200,000 selling her farts in jars has been forced to retire from the lucrative profession following a heart attack scare. Steph Matto, who many people know from her appearance on 90 Day Fiance, was recently rushed to hospital after experiencing shooting pains in her chest. She truly believed she was having a heart attack, and it was all down to how much wind she was passing.
- Doctors were concerned when she turned up at the hospital emergency room. They immediately performed extensive blood tests and an electrocardiogram to get to the root of the problem. Thankfully, her heart was fine – however, there was some bad news in store for Matto.
- Her diet was causing her serious problems. In order to produce enough farts for the jars she was selling, Matto’s diet was heavy on beans, eggs, and banana protein shakes. That produced so much gas, it started to give her chest pains which mimicked a heart attack. So scary! “I thought I was having a stroke and that these were my final moments. I was overdoing it,” she said.
- She remembers the moment it all went wrong. “I remember within one day I had about three protein shakes and a huge bowl of black bean soup,” she recalled. “I could tell that something was not right that evening when I was lying in bed and I could feel a pressure in my stomach moving upward. It was quite hard to breathe and every time I tried to breathe in I’d feel a pinching sensation around my heart. And that, of course, made my anxiety escalate. I actually called my friend and asked if they could come over to drive me to the hospital because I thought I was experiencing a heart attack.”
- Doctors gave her some tough advice. After she went to the hospital, she let doctors know she was living on a very high fiber diet (though she failed to open up about her business). Ultimately, they told her something would have to change or her symptoms would only get worse. “I was advised to change my diet and to take a gas suppressant medication, which has effectively ended my business,” she shared.
- Sadly, Matto is having to retire from the job. While she was selling the jars for $1,000 a pop (with a 50% discount over Christma!), it ultimately isn’t worth it if it’s going to have such a negative effect on her health. Her high fiber diet allowed her to produce roughly 50 jars of farts a week!