A Brazilian woman fell in love with a life-sized rag doll, “married” it, and went on to have a “baby” with it. Meirivone Rocha Moraes, 37, believes the doll to be her soulmate and admits she fell in love with the cloth toy pretty much immediately.
- The rag doll is named Marcelo. Moraes said her mother is the one who came up with the name, and Moraes was lucky enough to “meet” him after a long while of complaining about being single and not having anyone to dance with. Thankfully, Marcelo came along and swept her off her feet.
- It wasn’t long after meeting Marcelo that Moraes got “pregnant.” She and the doll had only been dating for a few months when Moraes realized she was, erm, expecting, and she and Marcelo decided to get married before the “baby” arrived. A whopping 250 people came to the wedding.
- The “birth” was quick and painless. As Moraes revealed, she managed to go through “labor” and deliver a healthy baby rag doll in less than an hour — 35 minutes to be exact. “I didn’t feel the contractions in pain. Seeing the placenta and the umbilical cord and the blood made it all real. He was here in 35 minutes and he is great,” Moraes recalled.
- The couple gets along so well, Moraes can’t imagine her life without him. “He doesn’t fight with me, he doesn’t argue and he just understands me. Marcelo is a great and faithful husband. He is such a man and all women envy him,” she told NTK. “When my mum made Marcelo and first introduced me to him, I fell in love with him. It was love at first sight. It was a wonderful day for me, very important, very emotional. He is a man I always wanted in my life. Married life with him is wonderful.”
- However, their relationship does have a major downside. For as wonderful as he is, Moraes does have one nitpick about her husband, and that’s that he doesn’t work! “He has so many great qualities but the only downside is he’s lazy. He doesn’t work at all,” she admitted. “But I am a warrior and I keep it going for us.”
- Moraes hates when people belittle her relationship. Of course, not everyone supports her relationship with the rag doll, which really upsets Moraes. “It really upsets me when people say this is fake. It makes me so angry,” she said. “I am a woman of character. My father, my mother taught me to be honest, to be a good person and to not want to take advantage of anything.”